Re: travel agency use cases

Jon Dart wrote:

> I haven't received any feedback to the use case diagrams I drew up.
>
> Are these sufficiently realistic to be useful? Is the use of UML
> diagrams helpful, or are there too many limitations? Is it worthwhile
> adding additional text around these so that they could be included in
> the requirements doc?

mm1: Graphical representations help regardless if they are use cases,
activity diagrams, or process flows. Although, I don't think they
replace but augment textual descriptions.  It would help to see all the
flows together as they decompose to a lower level.

More specifically, please consider how to handle cancellations on
BookVacationActivity (Would this also be shown at the use case level for
TravelAgencyUseCase?).  What about error conditions? On
ProcessBookingActivity, what is the context of Finalize ......?  Is this
just the compilation of the reservation detail for submittal and actual
payment commitment?  Perhaps this should be specified. On
SelectHotelActivity, when the booking is confirmed, that exits in
Success.  Therefore, it should say such (rather than OK).