Re: FW: BPSS_f2f_june03.ppt

Monica J. Martin wrote:

>> Tell: However Im also a Swedish delegate of UN/CEFACT UMM/BPSS team
>> and I feel that I must point out that the presentation about BPSS
>> given by Jean-Jacques Dubray must be considered as his own view and
>> not the view of the UMM team or members such as me.
>

> mm1: What is your view Anders, in the context of your area of
> expertise and/or as a member of this team?

View of what Monica? You know my view of next maintenance release of
BPSS which I posted in appropriate BPSS team forum. I dont want to
burden this with out of scope issues.

I can share one view with you that may interest this groups and that is
how I prefer to create meta models. Its the same principle Ive used for
BPSS and CoreComponents.

I have a strong preference to create meta models based on MOF which is
the same meta meta model used to define UML. By using MOF I can create
java API's, XML Schema, reading writing source code automatically using
standardized specifications. Kind of nifty since all I have to do is
create one single file and the rest us generated automatically. The
manipilation java binary code is actually generated on te fly when

Im working with ArgoUML team to evolve the ArgoUML open source platform
into UML 2.0, MDA and MOF domain.

Hope there was something of value in there.

BTW has this group had a look at UML 2 as a foundation for the
specification ?

/anders