Re: Requirements: Decision Points Requirement Proposals

Burdett, David wrote:

> "The WS Choreography specification MUST provide standardized, reusable choreography definitions that allow one role to determine another roles state of processing of a choreography instance, no matter what choreography definition was being followed."
>
> "The WS Choreography specification MUST provide standardized, reusable choreography definitions that allow one role to request another role to restart the processing of a "stalled" choreography instance, no matter what choreography definition was being followed." This could simply be a request to resend some earlier message that got lost.

Forgive me, but if this has been discussed earlier, I missed it, or
don't recall it.

The first requirement is talking about some kind of introspection
facility, where a choreography instance can report its own state.

I'm not really clear here how this would work, e.g. are there
standardized states?

There are also some possible security implications, related to the
earlier privacy discussion, especially if this query can cross the
boundaries of a single choreography definition, as suggested.

The second one is less problematic. Although if you are using something
like a standard reliable messaging protocol, then I presume resend is
handled at the level of that protocol, not explicitly in the choreography.

--Jon