RE: Partial executability/ determinism of a Chor description language

Two more centimes about this topic,

The purpose of ws-choreography is to automate as much as possible the
creation of "contracts". There will be so many of them created, and so
many variations over time, industries and geographies that a framework
like ws-chor is needed. I like Bob's graduation because it gives us the
opportunity to define the scope very precisely.

A contract is almost always based on a set of very precise semantics and
metrics (at least the contracts that will be addressed by ws-chor). Sure
we could think of contracts like "you will deliver a Pullitzer-price
winning book in June 2004" but I don't think they fall under the scope
of ws-chor.

The advantage of using a machine processable format (which I don't
consider very different from the regular contracts) it is that one can
then also automate the monitoring of the contract excecution.

Overall, simplifying/automating the production of contracts and
automating their execution would yield significant productivity gains
across the supply chain.

Cheers,

Jean-Jacques