From: Ugo Corda [mailto:UCorda@SeeBeyond.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 12:15 PM
To: Burdett, David; jdart@tibco.com
Cc: public-ws-chor@w3.org
Subject: RE: Burdett ML gap/fit analysis - first cut

Dave,
You said:

> Also a choreography should be able to work with multiple different message
> formats therefore including a reference to single message format directly
> into the choreography could be problematical.

This depends on at which level you are talking about messages. If you are
talking at the level of abstract messages (i.e. portType/Interface level in
WSDL), then our choreography is based on those message descriptions (this
comes directly from our own definition of Web services choreography, i.e.
the fact that it is grounded on WSDL) and it should be legitimate to talk
about those abstract message formats within the choreography itself.

If you are talking about concrete message formats (after the WSDL interfaces
defined in the choreography are bound to specific end points) then I agree
with you that the choreography should not depend on them.

Ugo