RE: Choreography Definition Language for Web Services [was: Re: T he specs we need (was, RE: Correlation Requirements] !***!

For your reference, you can find the latest definition of a Web service, as specified by the Web Services Architecture WG, at http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-ws-arch-20030808/#whatis .

Ugo

-----Original Message-----
From: Cummins, Fred A [mailto:fred.cummins@eds.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 7:13 AM
To: Burdett, David; 'ygoland@bea.com'; 'Nickolas Kavantzas'
Cc: Cummins, Fred A; 'Keith Swenson'; 'Monica Martin'; 'Martin Chapman'; 'Yves Lafon'; jdart@tibco.com; Ugo Corda; public-ws-chor@w3.org
Subject: RE: Choreography Definition Language for Web Services [was: Re: T he specs we need (was, RE: Correlation Requirements] !***!

I agree with David's approach. I personally believe we should develop a solution that has broad
application--it will survive longer and be more robust.  However, if you want to constrain the
solution to "web services," you need to define what "web services" is/are.  HTTP and SOAP
are current implementations.  I expect this to evolve, and I expect there will be other
techniques that should fit under the choreography and business process specifications.  I
am also concerned that I should be able to develop applications and define business processes
that are independent of how their messages are exchanged--so they may use "web services"
or MOM, transparently.

Fred