RE: Correlation Requirements

Assaf

I can't think either of a situation where the data in the payload does not
contain information that can be used for corellation. So perhpas we should
not be concerned about that.

However, you also said ...
>>>Remember that the activity can't handle the wrong message type anyway,
so you need to send it the right message type, which means you know
where to look for the correlation information. And with WSDL/SOAP it's
easy to match the incoming message type to the operation being performed
and route it to the proper activity.<<<

Perhaps, but there is a use case where you might need to have the same
"logical" service accept multiple different message types. By a "logical"
service, I mean a service that provides the same functionality, for example
accepting/processing a purchase order, but is liberal in terms of the way
the order is presented, for example it might accept through the same port:
* SOAP 1.1 or SOAP 1.2
* WS Reliability as well as WS-Reliable Messaging
* UBL, OAG, RosettaNet & other order documents
* Variations on the above to allow for industry and regional requirements
* + more (probably)

The resulting possible permutations you can have is actually quite large.
If, as you suggest, that a service can only accept one variation, then you
will end up with multiple different WSDL definitions I think.

Can you see a way around this problem?

David