Re: Abstract messages [Was: Multi-Party Binding Scenario]

+1

I don't think I said anything different from this - IMO constructing an
XML-based binding for something like ASN.1 is practically difficult, and
even if it were possible to do this without relying on WSDL, such a
binding would be out of scope for this WG. I think there is still some
support for preserving this as a possibility, but I don't personally
favor that view. Even exotic message formats can in principle be
transformed to XML - and doing so is easier IMO than trying to deal with
them somehow in their original form.

How tightly tied WSDL is to the choreography definition can still be
discussed, e.g. whether it is directly embedded or indirectly
referenced, and if the latter, how much and what kind of indirection is
desirable.

--Jon