Re: Scoping multi-transport / async bindings for WSDL

Glen Daniels wrote:

> Hi folks:
>
> On last week's async TF call, we discussed a number of questions which
> the TF will need to answer.  I mentioned that I thought the "high order
> bit" here was related to the granularity of WSDL bindings for
> operations.
>
> As Kevin points out in [1], binding different operations in an interface
> is an important and interesting use-case to consider, and in fact that's
> very similar to what I was talking about, except I wanted to
> specifically discuss the level of operation messages.
>
> I'm wondering if it's OK for us to bind the different messages (inputs,
> outputs, faults) inside a given operation in different ways - and even
> to leave the actual bindings for some of these messages "floating", to
> be resolved at runtime.

By floating do you mean completely undefined or something like a choice
between N bindings (perhaps with a default)?

Regardless, if we do go down this path then I assume that we would then
have a requirement on the EPR (such as the value of ReplyTo for in-out)
that it contain information about the binding that is selected.