Re: Minutes of 2005-04-06 call

Apologies for missing the last concall.

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but I don't understand why transport
level problems/faults (such as HTTP 404 status code) are being discussed
in the context of MEPs. The way I see it, there are lot of things that
can go wrong, even in the case of one-way MEP using UDP. For example,
there may be a DNS problem or a network disconnect (for that matter
non-transport related problems such as out-of-memory errors can also
occur). To me, this does not affect the MEP design in any way. The
application may have to deal with it as it may see that error
somehow/somewhere, but this does not change the MEP (from an in-only to
robust-in-only). In the case of SOAP the change from in-only to
robust-in-only has to be made iff there may be a SOAP-fault coming back.

-Anish