From: Gilbert Pilz [mailto:gilbert.pilz@oracle.com]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 3:56 PM
To: Yalcinalp, Umit
Cc: Rogers, Tony; ashok.malhotra@oracle.com; Anish Karmarkar; Rama
Pulavarthi; Monica Martin; Bob Freund; ylafon@w3.org;
public-ws-addressing@w3.org; Jitendra.Kotamraju@Sun.COM; Ram Jeyaraman;
wsi_wsbasic@mp.ws-i.org; Fabian Ritzmann
Subject: Re: [wsi_wsbasic] Re: WS-AddressingMetadata Maintenance Issue:
(re: [wsi_wsbasic] BP 20133: proposal 1)

The problem is that the business case driving this issue is precisely
about conflicting policies. I want to be able to say "all the operations
in this binding MUST be synchronous except for this one operation which
MUST be asynchronous". Hard to see how you can address this without some
way of resolving the conflicts.

- gp

Yalcinalp, Umit wrote:

	I go away and look what happens :-) Read Section 4.5 carefully,
mate.
	Not all compatibility is domain specific. If you do not have
assertion
	params, you have the Qnames to go with for compatibility. The
whole idea
	is to rely on the types as much as possible and make the
exceptions an
	exception, not a norm, so that one could rely on a program, not
a human
	to make the determination of compatibility, whether it is lax or
strict.
	Thus, compatibility is well defined in a domain-independent
world. This
	is why parametric assertions of the past became the nested
assertions of
	today.

	But, I will sign off for now. Have fun!

	HTH,