Re: What problem are we trying to solve?

On Oct 4, 2006, at 2:43 AM, Doug Davis wrote:

> > More than that, some folks have said that this synonym overloads
> > replyTo and defines semantics associated with a definition of this
> > uri that only RM will understand.
>
> It doesn't overload ReplyTo any more than switching from
> http://www.cnn.com   to  smtp://cnn.com   overloads it.
> There are transport level semantics associated with each URI
> that relate to how the message is transferred from one endpoint
> to the other. The semantics of ReplyTo are totally unchanged when
> the RM anon URI is used.  It still means it contains the EPR of
> the destination endpoint for replies.

Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought that the value of the ReplyTo/
Address was used by RM to select which "pending" reply messages
should be sent, not just where they are sent. AIUI, this is the
overloading being referred to.

Marc.

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
Business Alliances, CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.