Re: What problem are we trying to solve?

Jonathan,

Given a connection identified as X, between endpoint A (that is
non-addressable) and endpoint B (that is addressable), I posited the
following canonical use case in a recent posting to WS-RX:

A req: message 1, connection X, reply to anon if available.
B resp: message 2
A req: message 3, connection X, reply to anon if available
B resp: no envelope, 202, i.e. message not available
A req: MakeConnection, X
B resp: message 4, MessagePending
A req: MakeConnection, X
B resp: message 5

Net effect, for connection/conversation identified as X:

A to B: message 1
B to A: message 2
A to B: message 3
B to A: message 4
B to A: message 5

How does this match the model or use cases that create the RM requirement?

Does this express the intended use of MakeConnection?

I think this sequence is realistic, and useful, by the way.

Alastair