From: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org on behalf of Ramkumar Menon
Sent: Tue 03-Oct-06 8:30
To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Subject: Clarification on Sending Faults

Hi Gurus,

I had a few questions troubling me, and would appreciate your response in this matter.
Is it mandatory that "only" SOAP faults are sent back to the Fault endpoint ? Is it valid to send SOAP replies rather than SOAP faults to the fault endpoint ?
My question arises from the fact that I have a Service defined by a WSDL 1.1 document, where I define two portTypes. The first portType has a single one-way operation [lets say, callled invokeService].  The second portType has two operations namely receiveAckFromService, and receiveFaultFromService. Each of these operations are one-way operations. The caller sets the FaultTo set to an endpoint for the portType corresponding to receiveFaultFromService, and sends a simple SOAP message [not a fault message] in case any fault occurs in the service. Is this a valid scenario ?

rgds,
Ram

--
Shift to the left, shift to the right!