RE: SOAPAction and Default Action

My preference would be to not use HTTP SOAPAction at all, but
the WS-I require it, so making it blank seems to be the next
best thing. Except ..

.. recent practical experience with some Web service toolkits
and XML aware firewalls bouncing empty SOAPActions has led me
to advocate using an absolute URI SOAPAction which matches wsa:Action.

I'm also warning people to avoid toolkits which ignore the
WSDL defined SOAPAction when generating service stubs from WSDL.
Unfortunately that does appear to be most of them :-/

http://blog.whatfettle.com/archives/000391.html

Paul