RE: cr17 (Ümit's OPTIONAL/REQUIRED issue) resolution

Hi Marc,

I brought up this issue  because the language in the CORE specification was simply contradicting itself as explained in my original issue posting. In my opinion, the core specification must be coherent regardless of the WSDL specification. It took a long time for the entire wg to be able to decipher what we were trying to say in the spec during the f2f due to the anomaly between MAP and the infoset serialization and defaulting intermingled.

Therefore, I feel that it is not a WSDL issue and we should not do (i) and revert back to the previous definition. I would prefer fixing the WSDL spec.

This is certainly not the first instance of problems with defaulting. Paco also has a CR issue with respect to defaulting to anonymous on request messages that we need to discuss.

--umit