Re: Visitors Guide to Vancouver

David Orchard wrote:

>Huh.  On the "Wet coast", we often pronounce schedule with the hard "k"
>sound.  I wonder if that the "sh" version is a central Canada thingy.

The announces on "hocky night in Canada" (we got Canadian TV in Detroit
as well) also said "shedule"

I guess they are from central Canada.

Just like US TV announcers typially sound like they are from Chicago
(except for the late Peter Jennings who kept a slight
Canadian accent out of National pride).

Tom