From: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Marc Hadley
Sent: Saturday, 9 December 2006 5:41
To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org List
Subject: Issue: Endpoint reference as a wsdl extension

The WSDL binding specification[1] says:

"When a wsa:EndpointReference element is present in a wsdl20:endpoint or
a wsdl11:port element (see 4.1 Extending WSDL Endpoints with an EPR),
the value of the [reference parameters] message addressing property for
a message sent to an endpoint MUST include the contents of the
wsa:ReferenceParameters element, if one exists within that EPR."

My take on this requirement is that this only applies if WS- Addressing
is active for the message exchange but some readers have taken this to
mean that the reference parameters have to be included regardless.

I suggest we add a clarifying note to the start of section 4 along the
lines of: "Note: the WSDL extensions described in the following
subsections are only active when WS-Addressing is engaged in a message
exchange, if WS-Addressing is not engaged they are ignored".

Thanks,
Marc.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-addr-wsdl/#refpinwsdl
---