Re: Interop testing

Mark, Paul and Anish
Thanks for all the comments, they are very helpful - I realise that this
is early days but it's good to get an idea of what's involved.
I suspect that concalls would be very useful - I think Paul suggested (at
the f2f) a subcommittee focussed specifically on interop testing (in order
to focus on the test bucket) prior to the actual testing phase also?
Katy

Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
Sent by: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
09/08/2005 19:19

Mark Nottingham <mark.nottingham@bea.com>
cc
Katy Warr/UK/IBM@IBMGB, paul.downey@bt.com, public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Subject
Re: Interop testing

Another thing that has helped in the past (for XMLP) was -- having
concalls (non-official, non-WG) for implementers. This was useful not in
the initial phase of the interop effort but somewhere in the middle of
the effort when implementers had specific issues/problems with specific
implementations or with specific tests (which in certain cases, resulted
in changes to the tests). These issues/problems were easier to discuss
on a concall rather than a long email thread.

I would suggest having such concalls, if the implementers think it would
be useful.

-Anish