Re: Misc Comments - Part 2

Paul,

paul.downey@bt.com wrote:
> Arun
>
> sorry, I'm finding finding time to spend on the Test Suite
> difficult atm and the small bursts of time I've found have been
> absorbed context switching and looking at these fairly open
> questions rather than forging ahead blanking out missing
> testcases (something we hoped others would assist with).
I think Sun did it's share by providing the first set of testcases :)

> What would help me greatly is if you turn these into specific
> changes  to the testsuite, ideally in terms of edits to the
> testsuite.xml and example documents, as advised here:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/testsuite/#contributing
I'll be happy to do that provided I get editorial access. However, I'm
on vacation for 3 weeks starting monday and thus will have limited
access to email.

> I'm guessing most of your concerns could be resolved
> by adding XPaths and descriptions to the existing test cases,
> something I can undertake to look at over the break.
I dont think the changes suggested are editorial knits. For example, in
the 7 questions asked below, only 2 are editorial. Maybe most of my
questions could be answered over the concall but I'm not able to attend
the conference call because of the odd timings in my timezone.

AIU, these tests are created to test for interoperability. Without
understanding/documenting what interoperability feature is being tested,
I think we are probably not producing a complete document.

> Also, others have already implemented the testsuite, so
> breaking changes have impact upon me, IBM, Microsoft and
> possibly others..

I agree but I dont think we should not fix the tests because of this
reason though. I've also implemented these testcases and willing to
change them to make sure we do the right thing.

-Arun

--
got Web Services ?
Download Java Web Services Developer Pack from