RE: Re: Question about test suite

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 14:17:37 -0000
To: <cwchaney@gmail.com>
Cc: <public-ws-addressing-tests@w3.org>

Hi Craig,

> The XPath expressions given for each testcase denote one or more items
> that each message must match.

That's it in a nutshell.

> Implementations may add other WSA elements and still be within the spec,
> so I assume that as long as each XPath expression is met, an implementation
> will pass the testcase no matter what additional elements it puts
> into the headers?

As far as the test suite goes, yes, additional headers are ignored.

This matches the ignore unknown content of the SOAP processing model.
If this is a concern, we could add extra XPaths to a test, e.g. look for
MU headers or count(..xpath..) eq 1 expressions to check the cardinality
of fields.

Alternatively we could add some additional negative tests,
however the primary purpose of the test-suite is to
demonstrate vendor support and interoperability of the
WS-Addressing specifications, and not to certify implementations.

Paul