Re: Proposal: Asynchronous review process for specification changes

Yes, the charter renewal would be a good chance to document and improve our decision making processes.  Sorry I missed this discussion Wednesday, but I do feel it’s important.
Michael

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 2:23 PM
To: Ben Francis <ben@krellian.com>
Cc: public-wot-wg@w3.org <public-wot-wg@w3.org>, member-wot-wg@w3.org <member-wot-wg@w3.org>, team-wot@w3.org <team-wot@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Proposal: Asynchronous review process for specification changes
On Fri, 12 Nov 2021 02:24:08 +0900,
Ben Francis wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
> [2  <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> Hi all,
>
> This is just a gentle nudge to say that I haven't yet received any feedback on this
> proposal, though other working group members have expressed an interest in
> adopting a process along these lines.
>
> I'd be really grateful for any feedback, positive or negative, since I am still
> struggling to get timely reviews on specification contributions and deadlines are
> looming!
>
> I feel sure we could make more progress if we made more effective use of the
> tools available to us.

Thanks, Ben!

As I mentioned at the end of the Architecture call today:
  https://www.w3.org/2021/11/11-wot-arch-minutes.html#t08
I think we need to identify which Issues and Pullrequests need what
level of discussion (i.e., GitHub online discussion only or live
discussion during the TF calls) as part of the potential asynchronous
review process, and would suggest we have further discussion about
that (and the whole potential process) on this thread and during the
WoT main call.

Please note that as we confirmed at the beginning of the Architecture
call today:
  https://www.w3.org/2021/11/11-wot-arch-minutes.html#t03
we're wrapping up our specs and need to freeze Architecture by Dec-15
and freeze Profile by Jan-31 respectively.

So I personaly think it might make sense to apply the potential
asynchronous decision making policy to the next Charter period.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki