From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Sent: 05 May 2021 13:51
To: TSB SG20 Secretariat, ITU <tsbsg20@itu.int>
Cc: gmlee@kaist.ac.kr; Bueti, Maria Cristina <cristina.bueti@itu.int>; team-liaisons@w3.org; public-wot-ig@w3.org; public-wot-wg@w3.org
Subject: Liaison Statement from W3C Web of Things to ITU-T SG-20

Dear ITU-T/SG20 Members:

## CCing GyuMyoung and Cristina directly to make sure

We represent the W3C Web of Things (WoT) Working Group, and would like to engage with SG20 to align our standards around IoT. In particular, the current W3C WoT architecture is mostly but not entirely aligned with the system described in the ITU-T documents on WoT, such as ITU-T Y.4400 (Framework of the web of things), ITU-T Y.4414 (Web of things service

architecture) and also the ITU-T documents related to the web of objects, such as ITU-T Y.4452 and ITU-T Y.4415. Recently, the W3C WoT WG has published a W3C Recommendation on a "Thing Description", a metadata representation using Linked Data and based on JSON-LD, but the current ITU-T WoT metadata description is based on WSDL. We would like to propose a meeting with relevant members of SG20 to identify potential concrete steps toward alignment. Since data and metadata management is central to this, this meeting should involve ITU-T members interested in matters of data processing and management, for example, those working on

Q4 [1] and the DPM framework.

Sincerely,

For the W3C WoT IG/WG, as represented by Michael McCool, WoT IG/WG co-chair, Intel and Sebastian Kaebisch, WoT IG/WG co-chair, Siemens; Kazuyuki Ashimura, W3C WoT IG/WG Team Contact

[1] https://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/studygroups/2017-2020/20/Pages/q4.aspx