W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > January 2021

[wot-architecture] minutes - 3 December 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 16:22:58 +0900
Message-ID: <87ft38ndil.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/12/03-wot-arch-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                            WoT Architecture

03 Dec 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Architecture_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Lagally, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Jack_Dickinson

   Regrets
          Michael_McCool

   Chair
          Lagally

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Updates
         2. [5]Prev minutes
         3. [6]Transfer of the requirements section to the Use
            Cases doc
         4. [7]Issues
         5. [8]Profile
         6. [9]AOB?
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Updates

   Lagally: some input from the Security TF

   [12]wot-architecture issue 570 on lifecycle

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/570

Prev minutes

   [13]Nov-26

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2020/11/26-wot-arch-minutes.html

   Lagally: (goes through the minutes)
   ... (mentions the Doodle poll for the Use Cases call)

   [14]Doodle for the Use Cases call slot

     [14] https://doodle.com/poll/9ctgut8eq3cez5zm

   Lagally: we're getting more responses :)
   ... let's see the conclusion tomorrow (after the deadline)
   ... any problems with the minutes?

   (none)

   (approved)

Transfer of the requirements section to the Use Cases doc

   Lagally: we've already moved the text content

   [15]PR 573 for the README.md

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/573

   Lagally: would like to merge this

   [16]wot-usecases PR 71

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/71

   Lagally: we can merge this (wot-usecases PR 71) next week
   during the Use Cases call
   ... on the other hand, would merge the wot-architecture PR 573
   now

   (merged wot-architecture PR 573)

Issues

   Lagally: 3 new issues
   ... 2 new terminology suggestions

   [17]Issue 572

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/572

   [18]Issue 571

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/571

   Lagally: and boilerplate text

   [19]Issue 569

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/569

   Lagally: then moving the REQUIREMENTS folder to the
   wot-usecases repo

   [20]Issue 568

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/568

   Lagally: then lifecycle simplification

   [21]Issue 561

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/561

   Lagally: then cross reference for FPWD for wot-discovery,
   wot-thing-description, etc.

   [22]Issue 558

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/558

   Kaz: still need to create a PR to update the
   wot-architecture/index.html based on the changes for the
   publication
   ... please assign me to the Issue 558 to create a PR

   Lagally: ok
   ... (and assigns Issue 558 to Kaz)
   ... then Introduction for Profile section 9.2

   [23]Issue 556

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/556

   Lagally: and system lifecycle with registration

   [24]Issue 555

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/555

   preset+ Sebastian_Kaebisch

   (Sebastian joins)

   Sebastian: maybe for the Discovery guys?
   ... e.g., Farshid

   Lagally: (assigns Farshid as well)
   ... then system lifecycle

   [25]Issue 554

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/554

   Lagally: given the low attendance today, we should talk about
   this next time
   ... (and adds Farshid o the assignees)
   ... will take Issue 551

   [26]Issue 551

     [26] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/551

   Lagally: and usage of "ThingModel" term

   [27]Issue 534

     [27] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/534

   Sebastian: need discussion with the Scripting guys
   ... what it would mean for Thing fragments as well

   Lagally: adds a new issue on "Thing Description Fragments"

   [28]Issue 574

     [28] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/574

   Lagally: also terminology for the Binding document

   [29]Issue 575

     [29] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/575

   Lagally: and Lifecycle Intro

   [30]Issue 552

     [30] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/552

Profile

   Lagally: we talked about interoperability requirements
   ... e.g., signing and encryption

   [31]JSON Web Signatures

     [31] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7515

   [32]Linked data signatures

     [32] https://w3c-ccg.github.io/ld-proofs/#linked-data-signatures

   Lagally: (then goes through the WoT Profile Editor's draft)

   [33]WoT Profile ED

     [33] https://w3c.github.io/wot-profile/

   Lagally: we'll continue the discussion on signing
   ... there are two candidates so far

   [34]JSON Web Signatures

     [34] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7515

   [35]Linked data signatures

     [35] https://w3c-ccg.github.io/ld-proofs/#linked-data-signatures

   Lagally: we need McCool for this discussion

AOB?

   Lagally: any other business for today?

   (none)

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [36]scribe.perl version ([37]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/12/17 14:38:03 $

     [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [37] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 11 January 2021 07:23:03 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 11 January 2021 07:23:04 UTC