W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > September 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 9 September 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:26:44 +0900
Message-ID: <87d02d49tn.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/09/09-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Dave!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG
                              09 Sep 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#9_September_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Cristiano_Aguzzi, Daniel_Peintner,
          Jennifer_Lin, Kunihiko_Toumura, Dave_Raggett,
          Michael_McCool, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Michael_Koster,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Takahisa_Suzuki, Ege_Korkan,
          Tetsushi_Matsuda, Ryuichi_Matsukura, David_Ezell,
          Zoltan_Kis

   Regrets
          Michael_Lagally

   Chair
          Sebastian

   Scribe
          dsr_

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Agenda
         2. [5]Minutes
         3. [6]Quick updates
         4. [7]Publication schedule
         5. [8]TPAC
         6. [9]TF reports
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: dsr_

Agenda

   Sebastian reviews the agenda

Minutes

   <kaz> [12]Sep-2

     [12] https://www.w3.org/2020/09/02-wot-minutes.html

   We review last week's minutes

   Any questions/comments? [no]

   Any objections to making the minutes public? [no]

Quick updates

   Sebastian would like to invite the Linked Building Data CG to a
   future WoT telecon. TPAC is kind of full, so after that
   perhaps.

   <kaz> [13]Linked Building Data CG

     [13] https://www.w3.org/community/lbd/

   Sebastian will reach out to the LBD CG

   For upcoming events:

   <inserted> [14]Singapore Geospatial Week

     [14] https://www.eventnook.com/event/sggeoweek2020/home

   McCool: I've sent an email regarding an invite to one of our
   upcoming meetings

   Jennifer: I attended a lot of the Singapore Geospatial Week
   meetings

   Kaz: are they okay with us circulating the slides with the WoT
   IG/WG?

   Jennifer: it was a public event, so probably, but we should
   check

   McCool: it may be more a matter of copyright

   we should definitely ask for permission

   Kaz: we can ask them about the permission for distributing the
   slides to the WoT Member list when we ask them about further
   collaboration, e.g., inviting them to the WoT call. summarises
   which webinars she attended

   OGC tech trends - mindmap

   Discussion about alignment on standards, OGC members helping to
   drive this at OGC and W3C

   <inserted> [15]API Specification Conference

     [15] https://events.linuxfoundation.org/openapi-asc/

   Sebastian invites Ege to give a short update on the API spec
   conference

   Ege: it runs in US time, i.e. starting this afternoon in
   Europe. I will present the WoT TD

   McCool: there should be a follow up with the OpenAPI folks

   <inserted> [16]Smart Cities Week

     [16] https://global.smartcitiesweek.com/register/

   Sebastian: one further event on smart cities

   McCool: this would normally be face to face in USA

   Some overlap with TPAC ...

   I will report back

   Kaz: next IETF meeting will be held in Nov

   <kaz> [17]IETF Upcoming Meetings

     [17] https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/upcoming/

   AIOTI Signature Event 2020 - Webinar: IoT - Driving European
   Technology Leadership September 29

   Dave to add link to the wiki

   <kaz> [18]AIOTI Signature Event 2020

     [18] https://aioti.eu/events/aioti-signature-event-2020-placeholder/

Publication schedule

   Sebastian asks for updates from task leaders

   <kaz> [19]updated schedule

     [19] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Schedule

   McCool comments on logistics for the reports

   Kaz: note that the most important part of publishing FPWDs is
   getting the short names and URLs, so the content doesn't have
   to be perfect.

   McCool: we should aim to publish the week before the plugfest

   Sebastian asks task force leads to ask their groups ready on
   time

TPAC

   Sebastian discusses the timing for the plugfest

   One hour each day at the same time to sync up

   Doodle poll for the timeslot for the joint meeting with the DID
   WG

   <kaz> [20]doodle for DID

     [20] https://doodle.com/poll/b9hvv66nxqsfnbzc

   McCool: Oct 15 is looking promising for Web&Networks. We'll
   have discussion with their Chairs tomorrow.

   <kaz> [21]doodle for Web&Networks

     [21] https://doodle.com/poll/spdbi2zucmtyigiv

   Sebastian: we should also try to meet with JSON-LD WG, I will
   reach out to Greg to arrange that

   McCool: I've tried to pull together ideas on github for an
   agenda for the joint DID meeting

   <kaz> [22]agenda for joint DID meeting

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/932

   Each task force should consider what they would like to see
   discussed

   It is a one hour meeting, so we will need to prioritise

   McCool: should we cancel our regular WoT calls during TPAC?

   <kaz> +1 to cancel the regular calls :)

   Kaz: publishing joint meeting will be opt 1 (Oct 13 09:00PDT /
   12:00EDT / 16:00UTC / 01:00amJST (Oct 14))

   further discussion about joint calls

   Kaz MEIG and Agriculture to be part of the WoT sessions

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to mention TPAC registration is open
   now (after the topics on joint meetings) and to

   <kaz> [23]TPAC registration

     [23] https://www.w3.org/2020/10/TPAC/Overview.html#register

TF reports

   <inserted> [Scripting]

   No scripting call this week. Issues are being discussed though

   <inserted> [Security]

   Security met and went through the the issues on the tracker

   <inserted> [Discovery]

   reviewed some PRs re discovery directory service API

   <inserted> [Marketing]

   we had a meeting yesterday on the design proposals, but some
   feedback on poor colour contrast issues

   the animator is working on addressing that

   McCool: there is a powerpoint tool that might help

   Kaz: lightening talk video will be generated by McCool, right?

   McCool: yes, and definitely in time for the next marketing
   call. also demo video to be discussed during the PlugFest call
   later.

   <inserted> [PoC]

   we mostly talked about the smart city IG charter

   Alan Bird is helping with listing stakeholders

   <inserted> [PlugFest/Testing]

   we need to talk more next week

   <inserted> [TD/Binding]

   some discussion on the render script

   some discussion on security schemes

   <inserted> [Use cases]

   talked about ITU-T collaboration. further discussion on use
   cases after their October meeting

   <inserted> [Architecture]

   we talked about the to do list for the architecture document

   Kaz: how to handle requirements description, something to
   discuss next call
   ... end of telecon ...

   <kaz> [main call adjourned; PlugFest call starts in 5mins]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version ([25]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/09/16 12:11:40 $

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 23 September 2020 00:26:50 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 23 September 2020 00:26:51 UTC