W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > June 2020

[wot-discovery] minutes - 25 May 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 13:48:00 +0900
Message-ID: <87img2w4cf.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/05/25-wot-discovery-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for teking the minutes, Kevin!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             WoT Discovery

25 May 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Discovery_WebConf#25_May_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Andrea_Cimmino, Christian_Glomb,
          Cristiano_Aguzzi, Farshid_Tavakolizadeh, Kevin_Olotu,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_McCool, Takahisa_Suzuki,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Zoltan_Kis

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kevin

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Invited guests
         2. [5]Previous minutes
         3. [6]PR 20
         4. [7]PR 23 ->
            https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/pull/23
         5. [8]Requirements
         6. [9]Design Decisions ->
            https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/blob/master/desig
            n.md
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: kevin

Invited guests

   no invited guests today, though IE procedure for Cristiano is
   still ongoing

Previous minutes

   need to revisit pagination

   <kaz> [12]May-11 minutes

     [12] https://www.w3.org/2020/05/11-wot-discovery-minutes.html

   Minutes published with addition

   <kaz> (Christian Glomb has been added to the regrets list)

PR 20

   <kaz> [13]PR 20

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/pull/20

   no objections to merging PR 20

   PR 20 merged

   <kaz> (Andrea will submit a use case based on the UC template,
   and we'll continue discussion during the Architecture/UC call)

PR 23

   PR still work in progress

   PR 23 merged with no objections

Requirements

   <kaz> [14]preliminary requirements document

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/blob/master/requirements.md

   <scribe> new requirements can be added through PR and can be
   discussed in the meetings

   start to think about use cases for each of the requirements

Design Decisions

   need to find resolutions for open topics

   <kaz> FT wonders about the second point, "Use of JSON to encode
   results from directory services"

   McCool suggests using at least JSON as encoding

   <kaz> Cristiano has a question about authentication

   Cristiano asks why to use OAuth vs free service

   McCool: OAuth spec is free

   <kaz> (also mentions WebID:
   [15]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebID)

     [15] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebID

   allow use of OAuth2 and allow use of WebID added as points for
   discussion

   <kaz> [16]JSON Web Token - Verifiable Credentials Data Model

     [16] https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-data-model/#json-web-token

   <kaz> kaz suggests we do some more survey about the existing
   standards for those points like the Verifiable Credentials Data
   Model which has a section for JWT-based authentication

   McCool asks whether JSON-LD should be used as encoding to use
   SQARQL on it

   Andrea asks how to store TDs

   could be plain JSON in the directory

   <kaz> McCool explains his proposed 3 options: fixed
   (.well-known), basic (keyword query, eg JSONPath/XPath),
   advanced (SPARQL)

   use of JSON-LD 1.1 to encode results from directory service to
   enable SPARQL searchability

   <McCool> proposal: Use of HTTP for directory services

   Cristiano suggests JSON-LD 1.1 would be overkill for simple
   services

   McCool explains JSON-LD 1.1 is more flexible than 1.0

   it can be treated as plain JSON

   <kaz> Christian wonders which these points belong to, phase 1
   or phase 2

   McCool asks for objections to proposed resolutions

   Cristiano suggests not to put it into fixed decisions yet

   kaz suggests we rather make a resolution to simply work on
   those topics for today, and then adding concrete descriptions
   to the design.md

   mccool will create a PR

   PR will contain a draft for the index.html

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [17]scribe.perl version ([18]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/06/01 14:10:28 $

     [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 8 June 2020 04:47:18 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 8 June 2020 04:47:19 UTC