W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > February 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 22 January 2002

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2020 10:53:06 +0900
Message-ID: <874kw85tdp.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/01/22-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the mintues, Michael McCooL!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

22 Jan 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#22_Jan_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Michael_Koster, Michael_Lagally, Takahisa_Suzuki,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, David_Ezell, Zoltan_Kis,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Taki_Kamiya

   Regrets
          Dave_Raggett

   Chair
          Sebastian, McCool

   Scribe
          McCool, kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Agenda
         2. [5]Use of images from W3C spec
         3. [6]Task force minutes public, review drafts, one-week
            rule
         4. [7]MEIG call; note WoT content will start 30m past the
            hour
         5. [8]Start 5m past instead of 10m past
         6. [9]WG charter
         7. [10]Proposed REC publication
         8. [11]Binding template publication
         9. [12]Press release
        10. [13]F2F planning
        11. [14]Calls
        12. [15]Break, then plugfest call in at 15 past
     * [16]Summary of Action Items
     * [17]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: McCool

   <scribe>
   agenda:[18]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#22_J
   an_2020

     [18] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#22_Jan_2020

Agenda

   Sebastian: points out we have put down dates for future
   meetings
   ... noting in particular the joint meeting with MEIG Feb 4 AND
   the WoT call on Feb 5

   <kaz> scribenick: kaz

   <ege> Haven't managed to make my mic work but I have recently
   seen this W3C Community Group:
   [19]https://www.w3.org/community/bdns/. We can maybe have a
   quick look if there is time left :)

     [19] https://www.w3.org/community/bdns/

   McCool: planning to make presentation during the web&networks
   call on Feb 13
   ... about edge computing
   ... had talked about the topic during the scripting call and
   the security call
   ... maybe we could schedule an additional call as well

   <inserted> scribenick: McCool

   McCool: suggest we discuss presentations for MEIG in the next
   main call

   McCool: gave update on Edge Apps and Feb 13 pres for Web and
   Networks IG

Use of images from W3C spec

   Kaz: quick answer is that can reuse images with attribution

   McCool: is there an example for an attribution

   Kaz: can just be the title of the spec and URL of the source
   document. can look into the W3C license document again if
   needed.

Task force minutes public, review drafts, one-week rule

   McCool: each TF should approve minutes from last session at the
   start of each meeting

   Lagally: it would be good if people could raise any concerns
   before call by email
   ... so minute reviews can be quick

MEIG call; note WoT content will start 30m past the hour

   Proposal: starting the WoT joint discussion 30 mins later:
   7:30am PST, 10:30am EST, 3:30pm GMT, 4:30pm CET, 5:30pm EET,
   12:30am JST
   will makes it (1) 30 mins for Media-specific discussion (Bullet
   Chatting) and then (2) 60 mins for WoT discussion

   McCool: you can join earlier if you want, but not necessary;
   can join 30m past the hour
   ... also, NHK content will be included in status update
   ... kaz and I will coordinate with them

Start 5m past instead of 10m past

   Sebastian: any objections?
   ... no objections, so let's do it; applies to all TFs

   David: please send an email out announcing this policy...

   Sebastian: yes, good idea

WG charter

   Sebastian: still in progress, but hope it gets approved this
   week or next

   Kaz: have already sent a change notification/thanks message to
   all the reviewers
   ... and am asking the W3M for approval
   ... should be approved by next week

Proposed REC publication

   McCool: some diffs, need to make sure that editors review and
   check

   <kaz> [20]TD diffs

     [20] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/publication/pr/diff.html

   <kaz> [21]Arch diffs

     [21] https://w3c.github.io/wot-architecture/publication/pr/diff.html

   Sebastian: for TD, will clarify on Friday

   McCool: please make sure the references are current and correct
   as well
   ... I noticed some dates got reverted to old versions
   ... I suspect the respec database needs to be updated

Binding template publication

   Ege: resolution to publish reached
   ... but still not published

   Kaz: need to create a static version; prep is ongoing still

   Sebastian: when is this expected?

   Kaz: probably all three docs at once next week

Press release

   Sebastian: have generated talking points, now waiting for
   MarComm to create a draft for us to review
   ... but we also need testimonials; request to everyone willing
   to generate a testimonial

   McCool: right now just lining up who can do testimonials
   ... actual testimonial only needed after draft

   Kaz: note that actual REC will be out in 4-5 weeks; we need to
   have testimonials well before then

F2F planning

   Sebastian: March F2F meeting has problem with the host
   ... question is, what do we do now?
   ... no real alternative on the table right now
   ... had a survey last week trying to pick the best time and
   asking for other possible hosts

   <kaz> [22]March f2f questionnaire results

     [22] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/wotf2f-202003/results

   Sebastian: no realistic alternative host options provided
   ... so propose that we cancel the physical F2F in March, but
   have a virtual one
   ... third week in March seems to be the most open
   ... propose we reserve this to have a set of extended meetings

   Kaz: have been checking with Keio.
   ... there is a possibility we can have a F2F there if we really
   want to have one in March.

   McCool: if we reserve a conference room in Keio, can we reserve
   it in the evening?

   Kaz: conference rooms only available 9:00-18:00 at Keio
   ... also we can't make March 21st because it's a bank holiday
   in Japan
   ... note that we're encouraged to make announcement 8 weeks in
   advance, but there is only 7 weeks now
   ... so from a procedural viewpoint makes sense to cancel

   McCool: it seems we have no choice but to cancel
   ... so can focus on what we need to do to make virtual F2F work

   Lagally: maybe we can just extend the current timeslots
   ... so the question is what will be on the agenda?

   McCool: I can think of several topics we need to discuss
   ... agree that we can defer plugfest and focus on meetings this
   time

   Kaz: ok with concentrating on discussion; but wondering about
   test framework
   ... and guideline work for plugfest framework prior to the
   actual plugfest in June
   ... some packaged libraries, frameworks, etc for plugfests in
   general

   Ege: no new specs to test; but new protocols, possible
   ... some of these are hard to test in virtual plugfest
   ... but there are some new things, like events, OPC-UA, etc.
   ... need some prototypes
   ... before talking about cancellable actions, need some
   concrete implementation experience

   McCool: so in summary, let's spend our time planning for the
   June plugfest and have a really good plugfest then

   Sebastian: might still be useful to have a reserved slot, just
   in case

   McCool: suggest we defer more discussion on this until next
   call

   Sebastian: we do need a resolution on F2F now

   proposal: will have a virtual F2F, but not a physical meeting

   Sebastian: and also take our existing timeslots and extend
   them, whenever possible
   ... and we will aim for the week of March 16
   ... looking at doodle responses, only one person could not make
   week of March 16
   ... but seems that would be ok for a virtual meeting

   proposal: virtual F2F meeting the week of March 16 with
   extended meetings

   RESOLUTION: virtual F2F meeting the week of March 16 with
   extended meetings

Calls

   Sebastian: plugfest/testing call today, marketing call tomorrow
   at scheduled time (same as plugfest call, but tomorrow)
   ... discovery call doodle, please note

   McCool: move marketing to its thursday slot going forward
   ... but may have to occasionally cancel when it conflicts with
   a W3C project review call

   Sebastian: basically going back to original time

   Zoltan: scripting meeting, presentation by McCool on Edge Apps
   ... for computing and iot orchestration
   ... need to extract some scripting use cases from that
   ... also discussed issues around values returned (or not) upon
   writes
   ... also, would like to invite Ege to next call so we can
   discuss issues submitted by him

   Lagally: architecture; split call.
   ... reviewed lifecycle discussion; going to revisit in
   tomorrow's call
   ... looked at use cases, including multimodal use cases from
   previous W3C work
   ... will continue discussion of those in next call
   ... would encourage people from Europe to attend both calls
   ... especially important for use case discussion

   McCool: security reviewed issues, including two new ones on
   privacy threat model and MUDs
   ... also briefly discussed edge apps

   Taki: in TD call, just went over recent changes in prep for PR
   publication
   ... and then discussed TD timing and created doodle poll

   McCool: wasn't the conclusion was best not to change it?

   Sebastian: we may have to revisit later, depending on who joins
   ... a little concerned that Michael Koster cannot join TD call
   in its current slot
   ... but for now will stick with it

   Ege: binding templates, no updates
   ... but for future, need to redo poll to understand what
   protocols people are interested in
   ... there was an issue on this to gather input; we should do
   this again

   Koster: we have some learning now and we should incorporate
   that
   ... some hybrid of declarative
   ... also, an update on my conflicts, I can still make about
   half of the TD slots even where it currently is
   ... a possible conflict with other activities has been resolved

   Sebastian: reminds me, maybe we should organize a meeting with
   CHIP during the virtual F2F

   McCool: we can also aim to set up some other meeting with
   external parties
   ... Singapore, ODM, EdgeX, etc.

Break, then plugfest call in at 15 past

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [23]virtual F2F meeting the week of March 16 with extended
       meetings

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([25]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/01/27 12:05:13 $

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 3 February 2020 01:53:14 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 3 February 2020 01:53:15 UTC