W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > September 2019

Re: [PlugFest] minutes - 4 September 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 17:48:21 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Xp10qBKTGvKBZ_7kyt+9PhK2u9tYH=3zEGC_qKHdLcoA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 5:43 PM Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org> wrote:
>
> available at:
>   https://www.w3.org/2019/09/04-wot-pf-minutes.html
>
> also as text below.
>
> Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Ege!
>
> Kazuyuki
>
> ---
>
>    [1]W3C
>
>       [1] http://www.w3.org/
>
>                                - DRAFT -
>
>                               WoT PlugFest
>
> 04 Sep 2019
>
>    [2]Agenda
>
>       [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_4.09.2019
>
> Attendees
>
>    Present
>           Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
>           Ege_Korkan, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally,
>           Ryuichi_Matsukura, Takahisa_Suzuki, Taki_Kamiya,
>           Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi
>
>    Regrets
>
>    Chair
>           Lagally
>
>    Scribe
>           ege
>
> Contents
>
>      * [3]Topics
>          1. [4]Online Plugfest
>      * [5]Summary of Action Items
>      * [6]Summary of Resolutions
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>    <kaz> scribenick: ege
>
> Online Plugfest
>
>    <inserted> Sep. 4 at 4-7pm JST, 9am-noon CEST (as confirmed
>    during the main call)

Sorry but the expected Online PlugFest will be held on Sep. 10th
(at 4-7pm JST; 9am-noon CEST)

Kazuyuki


>
>    PR by mlagally
>
>    [7]https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/865
>
>       [7] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/865
>
>    Lagally: I have copied the demo repository from Munich so if
>    you need to update some of the documents in there, please
>    ... please update them, like removing photos
>    ... let me know if you want an instance foryour implementation
>    ... there are also some converters
>
>    <kaz> [8]PR 858 by Fujitsu
>
>       [8] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/858
>
>    <kaz> (merged)
>
>    (ml mergin PRs of Fujitsu and hitachi)
>
>    <kaz> [9]PR 860 by Hitachi
>
>       [9] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/860
>
>    <inserted> (merged)
>
>    Lagally: we will look to the results of all these merges later
>    on
>
>    <kaz> [10]PR 863 by NHK
>
>      [10] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/863
>
>    <kaz> (merged)
>
>    <kaz> [11]PR 864 by Fujitsu
>
>      [11] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/864
>
>    <kaz> (merged)
>
>    <kaz> [12]PR 865 by Oracle
>
>      [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/865
>
>    Lagally: anyone planning to do updates to their devices?
>    ... clarification on the nhk hybridcast?
>
>    Kaz: (explains)
>
>    Lagally: plans to include other devices from other
>    manufacturers?
>
>    Kaz: they said that it might be too much modifications for the
>    first plugfest; we need some more detailed discussion including
>    them; note that we can use their TV as a display using HDMI
>    connection if we want
>
>    Lagally: I can see
>    ... some logistics such as VPN
>    ... suzuki san?
>    ... maybe not available
>
>    <inserted> [13]Suzuki-san's proposed dmeo scenarios
>
>      [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2019-tpac-fukuoka/online-plugfest.md
>
>    Lagally: now some scenarios
>    ... detecting a human and doing some interactions
>    ... (talks about the scenarios that are available in the .md
>    file)
>
>    Suzuki: explains the Scenario 1
>
>    Lagally: (goes into the repo to show what are the different TDs
>    available)
>
>    Toru: I won't be present for the online plugfest but Panasonic
>    devices will be available for the online plugfest
>
>    Lagally: Oracle devices are already available so you can
>    consume and use them
>
>    Suzuki: (explains the scenario 2 involving different devices
>    from panasonic, oracle and fujitsu)
>    ... I heard that mdns doesn't work on vpn
>
>    Lagally: do we have a vpn?
>
>    McCool: I agree that mdns doesn't work on vpns most of the time
>    since VPNs don't support it
>    ... I will not have time to set up VPN this time
>    ... and suggest using global ip addresses
>
>    Lagally: all these devices would be then cloud devices
>    ... so we assume that they are connected to the cloud
>
>    McCool: we need to get someone to work on how to make robust
>    plugfests in the future
>
>    Lagally: I don't know if I will have time to set up the
>    monitoring of all these services
>
>    <inserted> kaz: ask clarification if we start with those two
>    scenarios for the online plugfest
>
>    <inserted> ml: let's do so
>
>    <inserted> kaz: will allocate a dedicated WebEx for the Online
>    PlugFest on Sep. 10
>
>    <inserted> ml: please put the information on the README.md file
>
>    <inserted> kaz: will do
>
>    adjourning the meeting
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
> Summary of Resolutions
>
>    [End of minutes]
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>
>     Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
>     David Booth's [14]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([15]CVS log)
>     $Date: 2019/09/06 08:43:24 $
>
>      [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>      [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Friday, 6 September 2019 08:49:27 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:53 UTC