W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > January 2019

[TestFest] minutes - 16 January 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 13:44:01 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Vovs6A2G+ynkB8j9-FEhNCnqHQT6yS3BYOK1Nt6kVSmA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/01/16-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                              WoT TestFest

16 Jan 2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Ege_Korkan,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Toru_Kawaguchi

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
     * [3]Summary of Action Items
     * [4]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <ege>
   [5]https://github.com/egekorkan/wot/tree/master/testfest/2019-0
   2-princeton

      [5] https://github.com/egekorkan/wot/tree/master/testfest/2019-02-princeton

   Sebastian: explains TestFest expectation and setup
   ... TD instance compliant to TD spec
   ... TD playground and/or manual check
   ... then
   ... behavior test
   ... clients/consumers receive the expected results as defined
   in a TD instance?

   McCool: some emergency tests

   Ege: for the first test, we generate assertions

   McCool: would like to see the progress on the automatic checker

   Ege: digging into AJV
   ... sort of my feature


   var schema = {
     type:"object",
     properties:{
       actions:{
         if: {type:"object"},
         then: {
           const: "implemented"
         },
         else: {
           const:"fail"
         },
       },
       events:{
         type:"object"
       }
     }
   }
   ]]

   McCool: great if Ege could do this

   Ege: it's a challenge
   ... what is valid
   ... looked into multiple options
   ... we can find a shortcut
   ... copy/paste big schema

   McCool: the bottom line is customize the schema

   Ege: but not from scratch

   McCool: do you have time to do that?

   Ege: yeah, I'm trying
   ... but the behavior test would be easier

   McCool: what would we do for network configuration?
   ... e.g., security fuzz testing
   ... does it actually respond?
   ... we can tell 404 is broken
   ... let's go back to your generated work flow

   [6]agenda

      [6] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_28.11.2018

   [7]workflow

      [7] https://github.com/egekorkan/wot/tree/master/testfest/2019-02-princeton

   McCool: one TD for one instance
   ... still need node-wot event implementation
   ... how many features implemented?

   <ege>
   [8]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/testing/criteria.md

      [8] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/testing/criteria.md

   Sebastian: need to leave
   ... will you both (Ege and McCool) join the TD call on 18th?

   both: yes

   Sebastian: missing assertions?

   McCool: meant to do that before...
   ... try to do that by Friday

   Kaz: one question
   ... who is managing the node-wot implementation and test for
   that?

   Sebastian: the latest information can come from Daniel
   ... Siemens will bring it
   ... Daniel won't join the Princeton f2f but Ege will

   Kaz: ok

   (sebastian leaves)

   Kaz: we still need implementation results from node-wot

   McCool: right
   ... btw, it's still not clear enough about "manual TDs + legacy
   devices"
   ... updates the criteria.md

   [9]criteria.md

      [9] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/testing/criteria.md

   McCool: would update the "6. Systems" section of the
   report.html
   ... definition of implementations
   ... based on the criteria.md description

   Ege: working on the workflow and the validation tool

   McCool: can you create a PR for the workflow?

   Ege: ok

   McCool: created sub directories for the online testfest in Dec:
   [10]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/testfest/2018-12-onl
   ine
   ... TDs and CSVs
   ... results sub directory has implementers sub directories
   ... each implementer sub directory has CVS results
   ... like:
   [11]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/testfest/2018-12-onl
   ine/results/Intel/intel-camera.csv
   ... let's merge your proposed workflow with the
   w3c/wot/testfest/2019-02-princeton repo

     [10] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/testfest/2018-12-online
     [11] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/testfest/2018-12-online/results/Intel/intel-camera.csv

   Ege: need some updates

   McCool: then tomorrow

   Ege: ok

   McCool: what about network logistics?
   ... ports, etc.?

   Kaz: we've started some discussion on our needs
   ... but not sure about the conclusion

   McCool: hopefully it's getting ready
   ... would like to see how to process the behavior tests as well

   Kaz: btw, is the coverage of the assertion lists ok?
   ... or still need some more review?

   McCool: from syntax viewpoint, the assertion list should be ok
   ... let me think about that a bit more
   ... syntactically we're not in bad shape
   ... pretty good shape
   ... the question should be (additional) behavior test

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [12]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([13]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/01/21 04:42:56 $

     [12] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 21 January 2019 04:45:03 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:52 UTC