W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > January 2019

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 9 January 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 13:55:29 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9VDYXwyJNJZdJ+vR1-S_b++FhgZkKixP-Xf1SJpoEMbZg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
Happy New Year!

The minutes from the WoT main call on Jan. 9 are available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/01/09-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Taki!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

09 Jan 2019

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          Dave_Raggett, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster,
          Michael_Lagally, Taki_Kamiya, Tetsushi_Matsuda,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Zoltan_Kis, Ege_Korkan

   Regrets
          Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          TK

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Quick updates
         2. [5]WoT Architecture draft
         3. [6]F2F Logistics
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     * [8]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: taki

   <scribe> Scribe: TK

   <McCool>
   [9]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#9_Jan_2019

      [9] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#9_Jan_2019

Quick updates

   McCool: I hope you had a good holidays.
   ... Workshop update?

   Kaz: talked about CFP, and I've installed the HTML which was
   updated by Lagally, Sebastian and McCool.

   <kaz> [10]draft CfP page

     [10] https://w3c.github.io/wot/workshop/ws2/cfp.html

   McCool: Kaz also created repos for security test plan and best
   practices.
   ... we had a short security meeting on Monday.

WoT Architecture draft

   McCool: WoT architecture document.
   ... doodle was setup for deciding on meeting time.

   <kaz> [11]Doodle results

     [11] https://doodle.com/poll/ksqvqfe9uzq6n8k7

   Kaz: The best slot should be wednesday 8pm in Japan time.

   Lagally: noon in central europe.

   McCool: M.Lagally and Matsukura-san, and Kawaguchi-san, any
   schedule?

   Lagally: We will discuss in the first call next week.

   Sebastian: Editor's list at the top of the draft should be
   updated.
   ... Lagally should be added to architecture document editor.

   <kaz> [12]WoT Architecture draft

     [12] https://w3c.github.io/wot-architecture/

   Lagally: I would be happy to contribute.

   McCool: I support that.

F2F Logistics

   McCool: F2F logistics.
   ... Date was set, and location.

   <kaz> [13]f2f wiki

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_28_January-2_February_2019,_Princeton,_NJ,_USA

   McCool: Kaz added information as to how to get the site.
   ... I am staying crown plaza.
   ... If you are not US citizen, you need ESTA.

   Sebastian: I will submit participant's name list based on the
   registration.
   ... End of next week, I want to have the names.

   McCool: End of next week, we need to have all the names.

   <kaz> [14]f2f registration site

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201901/

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to allocate a webex for the f2f

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-153 - Allocate a webex for the f2f
   [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2019-01-16].

   McCool: OpenDay can be in the afternoon. In the morning, we can
   setup for demo.
   ... At least OpenDay should be after 10am.

   Sebastian: We are still looking for presentations.

   McCool: We can also consider to make WoT architecture
   presentation.
   ... We can sort out OpenDay schedule next week.
   ... We can invite people from Princeton and NIST, for example.
   ... Did we have observer request?

   Kaz: So far, none.

   Sebastian: Some Siemens Princeton employees will want to
   observe.

   McCool: Observers are mainly non-member organization people.
   ... Remote participants. Elena is listed already.
   ... Zoltan?

   Zoltan: I will be remote.

   Daniel: I will also be remote.
   ... same timezone as Zoltan's.

   McCool: Session organization. Big focus will be on
   deliverables.

   Sebastian: We should bring output of TestFest to the session.

   McCool: outcome of the TestFest, we will have at-risk /
   modified assertions.
   ... Security testing plan. It is a deliverable including
   interoperability testing.
   ... IG is not chartered technically.

   Kaz: IG is still being discussed by W3C management. 3 months
   extension was proposed, but 6 months is also being considered.

   McCool: IG/WG charter needs to be finalized during F2F.
   ... and Workshop and Smart Cities BG will be discussed.
   ... and Liaisons. I will participate IIC meeting in NC 2 weeks
   after the F2F.
   ... Each TF, please take a look at the session agenda.
   ... Next week, we will organize session agenda.
   ... TestFest logistics.
   ... 1st day is TestFest.
   ... Meet at 9:00am on Monday.
   ... Matthias cannot come to this F2F.

   Sebastian: We will bring a router, and we will provide free
   internet access.
   ... There will be no difference compared with the last time.

   McCool: port issue should be avoided.
   ... We should contact IT people at Siemens Princeton for port
   issue.

   McCool is listing ports that need to be open...

   Sebastian: I need to leave now. Anything else you need from
   Princeton?

   McCool: Security, and network situation.
   ... Testing plan.
   ... was looking at AJV.
   ... Ege has an idea.

   Ege: I can work more on this between now and the F2F.

   McCool: I updated the report.
   ... People should look at them, especially pink entries.
   ... Siemens people can update Node-WoT CSV.

   Daniel: We are currently updating Node-WoT implementation.
   ... We will also update CSV before F2F.

   McCool: Recent changes in TD spec should be reflected to the
   report.
   ... Pre-work. If people have any concerns about assertions,
   please create an issue.

   McCool is adding requirements for other network behaviours such
   as mDNS, multicast (for discovery), etc...

   McCool: We will also do penetration test.

   Kawaguchi-san: I added port 8003.

   Ege: We now have simulator based on node-red.

   <ege> tool I was talking about
   [15]https://www.npmjs.com/package/virtual-thing

     [15] https://www.npmjs.com/package/virtual-thing

   McCool is creating testfest/2019-02-princeton directory in WoT
   repo...

   Lagally: How do you configure it?

   Ege: TD is an input.
   ... and it returns random response based on TD configuration.

   McCool: Next week, we will have TestFest call after the main
   call.
   ... In the meantime, we can describe things in this directory.
   ... Koster will talk on "One Data Model" next week.

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to allocate a webex for the f2f

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [16]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([17]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/01/10 04:53:18 $

     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 10 January 2019 04:56:31 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:52 UTC