W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > February 2019

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 6 February 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 01:21:35 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9WaMFtA_P0Gm75dSMyQ3GHFTbwRWSHiBF49QcG8+dg-jg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/02/06-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Kawaguchi-san!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

06 Feb 2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          Ege_Korkan, Kunihiko_Toumura, Matthias_Kovatsch,
          Michael_Lagally, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Taki_Kamiya,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi, Yosuke_Nakamura,
          Zoltan_Kis, Sebastian_Kaebisch

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool, Matthias

   Scribe
          kawaguch

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Quick updates
         2. [4]F2F debrief
         3. [5]IETF
         4. [6]Architecture
         5. [7]Workshop
         6. [8]Charter extension and rechartering
         7. [9]Scripting
         8. [10]AOB
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: kawaguch

   <McCool>
   [13]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#6_Feb_2019
   Agenda for today

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#6_Feb_2019

Quick updates

   none

F2F debrief

   [14]Draft F2F minutes

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2019/01/28-0202-wot-minutes.html

   McCool: Action items
   ... not sure all captured
   ... IG charter
   ... At risk items at TD spec
   ... should be also revisit
   ... aim to review the minutes next week
   ... Github site for presentation from Princeton meeting
   ... people please put pdf as well as original ppt, etc.
   ... will check this next week
   ... once the presentation is there then hyperlink will be put
   from the minute

   Lagally: already made PR

   McCool: TestFest result rollover
   ... plan to move new directory
   ... after 32hours now will copy things to new directory
   ... after TD call on Friday things are shift to new directory
   ... at risk items fixers are identified
   ... some featured are to be removed
   ... draft ready for sharing withTAG by first of March
   ... CR condition 2 weeks after that
   ... by the end of this month major change should have been
   fixed
   ... most of these at risk items should be fixed by then
   ... I'll present tooling to automatically highlight this table
   by Friday

   <McCool>
   [15]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/blob/master/te
   sting/inputs/atrisk.csv

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/blob/master/testing/inputs/atrisk.csv

   Kaz: do we need more assigned guys for at risk features?

   McCool: some of items are blank but covered by sub assertions
   ... some like 'unit' needs volunteer

   Ege: could you put text such as `need volunteer`?

   McCool: yes

   Kaz: my expectation is all ACTION is listed already

   Ege: made issues but not sure how it relates to ACTION
   ... issue 392 was raised but fixed

   <ege> Action item 1 is already done at #392

   <ege>
   [16]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/392

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/392

   McCool: Marketing
   ... had some ACTIONS regarding to marketing

   Sebastian: how to handle security looks to be not my task

   Matthias: this is just to create an issue about architecture

   <McCool_> action item 12: should be "One Data Model" group

   McCool: Action Item 12 should read One Data Model, rather than
   Open..

   Sebastian: are presentation at F2F ready?

   McCool: should be copied to this directory

   <McCool_>
   [17]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/f2f/2019/01-princeto
   n

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/f2f/2019/01-princeton

IETF

   Matthias: preparing for IETF 104 in March
   ... pre-meeting will be at Friday week before
   ... WISHI hackathon will be on Sat/Sun, who would join from
   this group?
   ... Sebastian will also join

   McCool: One data model group will also be demonstrated
   ... One action item is to gather more information about One
   Data Model

   Lagally: Need communication about scope and goals
   ... to understand how the group is working

   McCool: Still trying to fix charters through e-mails
   ... no homepage yet.
   ... I think they are still informative stage

   Kaz: my understanding is that after people reached out and
   gather information then talk to W3M

   McCool: question is whether we'd like to be a founding member
   or not
   ... let's wait update from Michael Koster next week

Architecture

   Lagally: Architecture update
   ... had a call today
   ... we worked through current architecture editors draft
   ... found a couple of loophole, editorials and made issued
   ... looked over the pictures one for Things and one for
   Servients
   ... Matsukura-san offered to lead updating diagrams.
   ... there are 14 old issues and everybody will look into open
   issue whether they are valid or not
   ... please review all the open issues on the architecture repo
   ... we also decided to merge current restructure to master
   branch
   ... after then please make all PR to master branch
   ... we identified some sections still missing so please
   volunteer

Workshop

   Sebastian: Workshop
   ... responses from Mathias and Mitsubishi
   ... one hour before this meeting we had a workshop call
   ... Jeff hopefully bring this draft workshop CfP page to W3M
   meeting so will be approved
   ... all the logistics as well as openday details will be
   udpated

   McCool: update until timing by CfP should be important

   Kaz: note that the latest draft page is currently members only
   since some of the information is to be confirmed

   <kaz> [18]workshop cfp (member-only)

     [18] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Group/group-wot-workshop-pc/2019Feb/att-0010/cfp-0.4.docx

Charter extension and rechartering

   Kaz: IG extension
   ... got approval for 6-month extension
   ... need to talk with communication team to announce

   McCool: recharter
   ... we discussed simple API as IG charter
   ... we should put right things to right place

Scripting

   <zolkis>
   [19]https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1HN15VhjCcZEjrSllFSU
   VxUWiYhxFdslx80EtyJObNeo/edit#slide=id.g4f3568cca6_0_0

     [19] https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1HN15VhjCcZEjrSllFSUVxUWiYhxFdslx80EtyJObNeo/edit#slide=id.g4f3568cca6_0_0

   Zoltan: updated presentation
   ... asked node js expert as well as browser people for review
   ... got 3 feedbacks so far
   ... new API and old API are written side by side.
   ... we will discuss details next week
   ... let's get through next week
   ... we don't have testing call this week

   Kaz: use another minutes for Scripting API

   Zoltan: slide 16
   ... main difference is new API uses constructer
   ... discovery became an object
   ... this API is much self describing
   ... new API has thing.metaData.name while old one has
   thing.name
   ... JavaScript people prefer
   ... slide 17
   ... new api with constructor while old one factory
   ... new api has property.onchange
   ... while old api has thing.subscribe with observer
   ... new API has DOM event
   ... possibly may cause confusion
   ... what doing here is similar
   ... this case it's very clear it's event
   ... slide 18
   ... constructor is ExposedThing at new API
   ... new API uses temperaturePropertyModel directly
   ... some typos still there
   ... will ask for more feedback
   ... we can still make this W3C note

   Sebastian: at that level we should not take forms

   Zoltan: yes we shouldn't have foms

   McCool: Security?

   Zoltan: no difference

   McCool: plan is to talk about this at scripting call

   Lagally: in Architecture document there is scripting API
   building block

   Zoltan: it depends how we treat scripting API
   ... current state is for browser use polyfill

   Lagally: we should take same level of abstraction as TD

AOB

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to mention the draft f2f minutes are
   updated and now the action list include links to the context
   (mention this after scripting discussion)

   Kaz: updated F2F meeting minutes so please review
   ... let's finalize the F2F minutes by next week

   McCool: no security meeting this and next week

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [20]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([21]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/02/07 13:00:37 $

     [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 7 February 2019 16:22:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:52 UTC