W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > August 2019

[wot-security] minutes - 8 July 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 19:58:19 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9X5Fyb5pEn=5FCx5kYS6POuf1dSbfxDqA88a_YdNaoGaA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/07/08-wot-sec-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                              WoT-Security

08 Jul 2019

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_Security_WebConf#July_8.2C_2019

Attendees

   Present
          Michael_McCool, Elena_Reshetova, Kaz_Ashimura,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Security call schedule
         2. [5]Prev minutes
         3. [6]Publication status
         4. [7]PRs
         5. [8]Issues
         6. [9]Reviews
         7. [10]AOB
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

Security call schedule

   McCool: Elena will take vacation for a couple of weeks
   ... also I'll attend the IETF meeting
   ... so July is not a good timing for the Security calls
   ... would propose canceling the Security calls for the rest of
   July
   ... and have related discussions during the main calls, the
   Architecture calls and the TD calls
   ... (updates the schedule at Agenda wiki)
   ... Security TF calls postponed until Aug 5 due to vacations

Prev minutes

   [13]June 17

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2019/06/17-wot-sec-minutes.html

   [14]July 1

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2019/07/01-wot-sec-minutes.html

   McCool: (goes through the minutes from the July-1 meeting)
   ... any objections to accept them?

   (no objections)

   McCool: accept them
   ... (next goes through the ones from he June-17 meeting)
   ... propose we accept these ones

   (no objections)

   McCool: accept the ones
   ... Issue 132 is closed so the updated note is ready for
   publication

Publication status

   Kaz: if there are no more tweaks to be added, I can move ahead
   and publish the updated Note

   McCool: still some discussion on gateway/intermediary
   ... I myself am OK with publishing the Note asis
   ... would publish it this week
   ... OK with moving ahead and start the document check
   ... please proceed with the checkers

   Kaz: ok

   <scribe> ACTION: kaz to start publication procedure for the
   Security and Privacy Guidelines Note

PRs

   <McCool> [15]https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/369

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/369

   <McCool> [16]https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/368

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/368

   McCool: issue with security
   ... simply suggested removing the extra definitions from the
   Architecture document
   ... but some discussion during the Architecture call on July 4
   ... Lagally tracked down the new definition from ISO
   ... based on ISO29100
   ... security is a shorthand for "information security" for WoT
   ... might need "physical security" at somewhere
   ... also found a bug within ISO 29100 standard
   ... would refer to ISO 27000, terminology standard

   <McCool> [17]https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/368

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/368

   McCool: Elena, are you fine with defining "physical security"
   separately?
   ... (puts another comment to the Architecture PR 368)

   [18]McCool's additional comment

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/368#issuecomment-509206080

Issues

   [19]Issue 138 - McCool

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/138

   McCool: add end-of-life state

   [20]Issue 123 - McCool

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/123

   McCool: resolve proxy/intermediary terminology choice

Reviews

   McCool: McCool to coordinate reviewers and review schedule
   reviews

   [21]Issue 135 - review in main call

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/135

   [22]Issue 136 - review in main call or TF calls or TF calls

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/136

AOB

   McCool: anything else for today?

   (none)

   Elena: will be back on July 29th

   McCool: ok
   ... talk to you in 3 week

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to start publication procedure for the
   Security and Privacy Guidelines Note

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/07/08 13:29:58 $

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 12 August 2019 10:59:21 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:53 UTC