W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > September 2018

[online-plugfest] webex for slot B (was Re: [PlugFest/Test] minutes - 19 September 2018)

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 06:28:27 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9WA_Ax8kXyHCYLR=Vsg6f0qofnYVLXuSH4UoE5Jc-psvQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
[[
online-plugfest-201809-b
-------------------------
Recurrence: Every day, from Tuesday, September 25, 2018, to Friday,
September 28, 2018
* 11pm-1d US Pacific
*  2am    US Eastern
*  7am    UK
*  8am    EU
*  2pm    China
*  3pm    Korea/Japan

Meeting number: 645 569 861
Meeting password: 96puXXc3
Meeting link: https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m8abe2ab26838e3c2f5a4266724475372
Host key: 181183
Video address: Dial 645569861@mit.webex.com
You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.
Audio connection: +1-617-324-0000 US Toll Number
Access code: 645 569 861
]]

Note:
* The reserved meeting time is one hour, but if the meeting is still
  in progress then it can run over time as much as you want. So as
  long as there is always one person on the call, the meeting won't
  end.

* I'll add a link from the online plugfest MD at:
    https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online
  to this message as well.

Kazyuki


On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 7:11 PM Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org> wrote:
>
> available at:
>   https://www.w3.org/2018/09/19-wot-pf-minutes.html
>
> also as text below.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kazuyuki
>
> ---
>
>    [1]W3C
>
>       [1] http://www.w3.org/
>
>                                - DRAFT -
>
>                              WoT-PF/Testing
>
> 19 Sep 2018
>
> Attendees
>
>    Present
>           Kaz_Ashimura, Ege_Korkan, Michael_Koster,
>           Michael_McCool, Kunihiko_Toumura, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
>           Kazuakhi_Nimura, Toru_Kawaguchi, Ryuichi_Matsukura
>
>    Regrets
>
>    Chair
>           McCool
>
>    Scribe
>           kaz
>
> Contents
>
>      * [2]Topics
>          1. [3]PRs
>          2. [4]Oracle's update
>          3. [5]Hitachi
>          4. [6]Panasonic
>          5. [7]Logistics update
>          6. [8]Testing update
>          7. [9]Next meeting
>      * [10]Summary of Action Items
>      * [11]Summary of Resolutions
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>    <scribe> scribenick: kaz
>
> PRs
>
>    [12]PRs
>
>      [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pulls
>
>    McCool: one from Hitachi
>
>    [13]pr 537
>
>      [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/537
>
>    McCool: merged it
>    ... and Panasonic
>
>    [14]pr 536
>
>      [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/536
>
>    <inserted> mm: merged
>
>    McCool: and Oracle
>
>    [15]pr 538
>
>      [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/538
>
>    McCool: another one from Panasonic
>
>    [16]pr 535
>
>      [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/535
>
>    McCool: merged
>    ... Soumya's PR has a conflict
>
>    [17]pr 506
>
>      [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/506
>
> Oracle's update
>
>    [18]online plugfest preparation README.md
>
>      [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online
>
>    Lagally: format a bit messed
>
>    McCool: can add tweaks
>    ... information on how to use the Oracle IoT Cloud Service
>
>    Lagally: please let me know if you have questions
>
>    McCool: (also adds comments (ask for information) to OpenVPN as
>    well)
>    ... and indicate how many IPs yu need
>
> Hitachi
>
>    McCool: update from Hitachi
>
>    [19]preparation-hitachi.md
>
>      [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online/preparation-hitachi.md
>
>    Toumura: we'll provide an application
>
>    McCool: we'll you provide node-red configuration?
>
>    Toumura: yes
>    ... you can create a node-red app easily
>    ... source code for the tool
>    ... you need to install node-red
>
>    McCool: ok, you can share your codes
>
>    Toumura: source codes on GitHub before the online plugfest
>
>    McCool: by an email from you?
>    ... maybe we should create a subdirectory under the
>    2018-sept-online area?
>
>    Koster: anyone can copy the configuration
>    ... you could generate a node based on TD as well
>
>    Kaz: it seems Hitachi would like to use their own GitHub area
>    for that purpose
>
>    McCool: ok
>    ... what about "3 Checking points for the next plugfest"
>    section?
>    ... any authentication method?
>
>    Toumura: basic, digest, bearer, apikey would be available
>
>    McCool: depending on node-wot implementation
>
>    Toumura: will try
>    ... use cases still under consideration
>    ... last part
>    ... will write how to use this tool
>    ... just draft text so far
>    ... will update the description
>
>    McCool: which version of node.js
>
>    Toumura: ver 10
>
>    McCool: ok
>    ... any questions?
>
> Panasonic
>
>    [20]preparation-panasonic.md
>
>      [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online/preparation-panasonic.md
>
>    Toru: section 6
>    ... implementation guidelines
>    ... we have online things
>    ... devices and simulators
>    ... how to retrieve based on the token
>    ... server and end point
>    ... please use curl or postman to make request
>    ... using the parameter here
>    ... id and password have been sent by email from me
>
>    McCool: we have scopes
>    ... restricts access
>    ... willing to add an additional parameter for that purpose?
>    ... so that we can test scoping
>
>    Toru: let me discuss with my colleagues
>
>    McCool: ok
>    ... this is good for bearer testing
>    ... questions?
>
>    Koster: this token you get is JWT bearer token standardized?
>
>    Toru: have not checked the details
>    ... think it should be the standard one
>
>    McCool: there is a format parameter only for JWT
>    ... so I think it should be JWT one
>
>    Koster: ok
>
>    McCool: update on TD as well?
>    ... so far only Panasonic provides TDs
>
>    [21]Panasonic TDs
>
>      [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online/TDs/Panasonic
>
>    McCool: 2 air conditioners
>    ... cleaner
>
>    [22]air conditioner
>
>      [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online/TDs/Panasonic/airConditioner_p1.jsonld
>
>    McCool: on and off
>    ... (goes through)
>
>    Toru: it's really simple
>    ... can show the temperature
>    ... can get/set it
>    ... using "number"
>
>    McCool: interesting
>
>    Toru: there is a range specified by minimum and maximum
>
>    [23]bulletin board
>
>      [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online/TDs/Panasonic/electricBulletinBoard_p1.jsonld
>
>    [24]hue light
>
>      [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online/TDs/Panasonic/huegroup_p1.jsonld
>
>    McCool: supports bearer token?
>
>    Toru: yes
>
>    Kaz: how to control the temperature on the UI?
>    ... absolute number?
>    ... or +/- like usual remote?
>
>    Toru: absolute number for this app
>
>    Kaz: so we can specify 99 degree for this app :)
>
>    Toru: right
>
>    McCool: it's a number display now
>
> Logistics update
>
>    McCool: time slot A
>    ... too early for Europe
>    ... but nobody from Europe registered
>    ... so would suggest we move the slot by 3 hours and make it
>    9am JST
>
>    Koster: would be 5pm US Pacific, and that would be fine
>
>    McCool: (shift the times by 3 hours)
>    ... that would make this more useful
>
>    Lagally: please remove "-1d" from some of the slots :)
>
>    McCool: how about slot B?
>    ... delaying B by one hour?
>
>    Lagally: would be better
>
>    McCool: (shift the times by 1 hour)
>    ... anybody expects attendance change?
>    ... Oracle can remove "( )"?
>
>    Lagally: yes, please
>
>    McCool: removes "()" from Oracle's attendance
>
>    Lagally: tx
>
>    McCool: don't think Europeans participate in slot C
>    ... also would remove Tuesday slot A
>    ... let's create the remaining 11 webex meetings
>    ... does someone want to set up Google Hangout meetings?
>
>    Daniel: anybody who has Google account can do that
>
>    McCool: can look into that
>
>    Lagally: anybody can join the call even without Google account?
>
>    McCool: not sure
>
>    Kaz: regarding the webex calls, how long should each slot be?
>
>    McCool: would suggest one hour
>
>    Toru: how about simply allocate a webex call for the whole day?
>
>    McCool: probably very expensive
>
>    Kaz: can check with the systeam
>    ... and if it's expensive, let's have 1.5-hour calls
>
>    McCool: 1 hour + half hour to make sure
>
>    Kaz: and I can allocate additional webex calls if needed
>
>    <scribe> ACTION: kaz to ask the systeam about the cost of webex
>    calls
>
> Testing update
>
>    McCool: Ege, any update?
>
>    Ege: not much updated recently
>    ... regarding the network testing bench
>    ... security check for Lyon
>
>    McCool: ok
>    ... command line locally
>
>    Ege: already available online
>
>    McCool: URL?
>
>    Ege: working on the eclisp server
>
>    Daniel: will check the IP
>
>    <ege> [25]http://plugfest.thingweb.io/playground/
>
>      [25] http://plugfest.thingweb.io/playground/
>
>    Ege: also command line version
>
>    Kaz: ok to record the URL above here on the minutes?
>
>    Ege: ok
>
>    Daniel: will update the service, so will check the HTTPS
>    setting
>
> Next meeting
>
>    McCool: slot B on Tuesday is the first slot
>    ... talk to you all at that time
>
>    [adjourned]
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
>    [NEW] ACTION: kaz to ask the systeam about the cost of webex
>    calls
>
> Summary of Resolutions
>
>    [End of minutes]
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>
>     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [26]scribe.perl version
>     1.152 ([27]CVS log)
>     $Date: 2018/09/21 10:08:53 $
>
>      [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>      [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 24 September 2018 21:29:30 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 24 September 2018 21:29:31 UTC