W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > September 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 19 September 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 19:00:22 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9WLavQZ3fhp0d8icpRHJiGv2cWURm7W7XEXx5xBwnjzTQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/09/19-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Michael Koster!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

19 Sep 2018

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Taki_Kamiya, Michael_McCool,
          Daniel_Peintner, Michael_Koster, Tetsushi_Matsuda,
          Michael_Lagally, Toru_Kawaguchi, Kazuaki_Nimura,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Zoltan_Kis, Kunihiko_Toumura

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          mjkoster, kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Quick updates
         2. [5]Online PlugFest
         3. [6]PlugFest diagram format
         4. [7]Dev Meetup registration
         5. [8]TF reports
         6. [9]PlugFest planning
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: mjkoster

Quick updates

   McCool: matthias is talking to people in Lyon about the
   plugfest, no details
   ... what about releases?

   Kaz: will finish the releases this week

   McCool: had an email exchange on dev meetup
   ... 2 tables reserved
   ... we have a venue for the meetup, not sure about the location
   relative to the plugfest
   ... checking about early access so we don't need to leave stuff
   there overnight
   ... but we can arrange to leave stuff there if we need to

   Lagally: how long is the meetup?

   Kaz: evening, a few hours

   McCool: putting together images for marketing and promotional
   material
   ... need another week to sort it out, so if anyone has more
   images or material, please contribute

   <kaz> [12]Developer Meetup on Oct. 22

     [12] https://www.w3.org/2018/10/Meetup/

   McCool: example wot-arch.png
   ... example figure for what kind of material would be useful

Online PlugFest

   McCool: we have the next hour for discussion, but we can have a
   brief discussion
   ... the first time slot is early in Japan, can we delay it to
   an equivalent evening time in the US?
   ... we will discuss delaying the slot by 2 hours
   ... no one in EU is signed up yet

PlugFest diagram format

   <kaz>
   [13]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-bundan
   g/PlugfestSummary_rev3.pdf

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-bundang/PlugfestSummary_rev3.pdf

   <inserted> mm: having a diagram would be useful but it's hard
   to generate and maintain it

   McCool: can we collect the information in text and
   automatically make a graph?
   ... also made progress on the VPN
   ... good news and bad news
   ... DHCP and MDNS are not working but the basics are working

Dev Meetup registration

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to mention we need to register for the
   Dev Meetup if we attend (later)

   <kaz> [14]Developer Meetup on Oct. 22

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2018/10/Meetup/

   Kaz: we need to register for the dev meetup
   ... there is no fee for participating

   McCool: assuming we will have a similar setup as at the last
   plugfest
   ... please register for the Lyon plugfest

   Kaz: we have 9 people registered so far

   McCool: sorting out the room logistics so it would be good to
   have the registration info now

TF reports

   McCool: scripting?

   Daniel: had a small meeting to discuss open and closed issues
   ... waiting for one more round of feedback

   McCool: when is the actual publication date?

   Kaz: checking this week and publishing TD next week

   Daniel: scripting API document publication will be later by 2
   weeks

   McCool: TD?

   Taki: ready to publish the TD document
   ... discussed issue 216

   <inserted> [15]issue 216

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/216

   Taki: also discussed #161 internationalization issues

   <inserted> [16]issue 161

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/161

   Taki: discussed input and output parameters for Events per
   Sebastian's issue

   McCool: Binding

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   Koster: didn't have meeting this week
   ... still need to incorporate several cosmetic things
   ... within next couple of days
   ... bidirectionality of forms
   ... mostly the document could go asis
   ... what are coming as new features include MQTT binding
   ... whatever new design patterns
   ... we need to prioritize them

   McCool: available for the next week's online plugfest?

   Koster: maybe for Lyon

   McCool: past Lyon?

   Koster: yeah

   McCool: we need to think about group extension
   ... also should have a fallback plan

   Koster: probably we should make some of the features for the
   next generation

   McCool: security

   <inserted> scribenick: mjkoster

   McCool: security
   ... had a small meeting
   ... planning another meeting before the online plugfest
   ... waiting for the note to be published at this point
   ... any other business for the main call?

PlugFest planning

   <kaz> [17]online plugfest preparation (README.md)

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online

   McCool: we can use the rest of the time to discuss plugfest
   planning
   ... reviewing the plugfest summary figures

   <kaz>
   [18]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-bundan
   g/PlugfestSummary_rev3.pdf

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-bundang/PlugfestSummary_rev3.pdf

   McCool: can we make a tool to generate the summary plot from
   text?
   ... also looking at generation tables from csv files
   ... the idea is to capture the information in text and use a
   script to generate the tables and graphs

   Lagally: likes the hand-generated graphs because it is a
   participatory process with group discussion
   ... maybe we can adapt a tool and keep the participatory
   process
   ... also people are busy preparing

   McCool: OK, maybe put that aside for now

   Kaz: what about using google docs for a drawing?

   McCool: looking for ways to improve the drawing
   ... also working on openVPN setup
   ... have some instances in Frankfurt
   ... Digital Ocean DNS setup is currently broken so we are
   temporarily using IP addresses
   ... using a separate CA
   ... follow this link from Digital Ocean for setting up a
   separate CA
   ... if anyone wants to try this, there is a config file we can
   share
   ... there is also a NAT running to the internet that allows
   outbound internet access
   ... UDP is used and will fail if you are blocking UDP
   ... there is an option to use TLS (port 443) that is a
   workaround
   ... working on getting the bridge going to enable LAN
   connection to the VPN
   ... issues with this are there is no NAT-wide DHCP
   ... so we can use static IP addresses

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   Koster: kind of confused
   ... do we have a gateway?

   McCool: still working on something which provides DHCP

   <inserted> scribenick: mjkoster

   Koster: what does work?

   McCool: static IP will work with the bridge
   ... working on getting DHCP working
   ... working on getting an oauth server running
   ... supports basic auth and bearer tokens
   ... doesn't seem to support POP
   ... there is an oauth client

   <McCool>
   [19]https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set
   -up-an-openvpn-server-on-ubuntu-18-04

     [19] https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-an-openvpn-server-on-ubuntu-18-04

   <McCool>
   [20]https://askubuntu.com/questions/926116/share-my-vpn-connect
   ion-with-other-lan-users

     [20] https://askubuntu.com/questions/926116/share-my-vpn-connection-with-other-lan-users

   <McCool> [21]https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-oauth2-server

     [21] https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-oauth2-server

   McCool: will run these on different server instances
   ... at the end of the hour

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask if we want to have 2 separate
   slots, one for network configuration and another for actual
   online plugfest

   Kaz: updates to discuss on the PF call
   ... maybe we should have a separate setup session for the VPN

   McCool: VPN is not mandatory

   Kaz: installation is complex

   McCool: there are step by step instructions

   Koster: maybe we can deploy on a Raspberry Pi image for a plug
   and play gateway

   Kaz: we need to set up the VPN beforehand (if we use it)

   McCool: yes, please send an email asking for some number of
   files
   ... meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [22]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([23]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/09/21 09:46:38 $

     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Friday, 21 September 2018 10:01:24 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 21 September 2018 10:01:25 UTC