W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > October 2018

[PlugFest/Test] minutes - 17 October 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 21:02:43 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9WBqjuERhUZNhSmRmaUpw=jG7uxyP1xyOHGf92N=FPKNQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/10/17-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                              WoT PlugFest

17 Oct 2018

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_McCool,
          Michael_Lagally, Takeshi_Sano, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Michael_Koster, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Takeshi_Yamada,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Oracle home scenario
         2. [4]Oracle industry scenario
         3. [5]Fujitsu
         4. [6]Security
         5. [7]TD version for PlugFest
         6. [8]Panasonic
         7. [9]AOB
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

   McCool: merged Oracle's PR
   ... let's go through the Scenarios.md first
   ... would like to finish this call earlier today

   [12]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-lyon/S
   cenarios.md

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-lyon/Scenarios.md

Oracle home scenario

   Lagally: based on the update from Bundang
   ... home scenario is simpler
   ... window closure
   ... clean the room
   ... working on turning on/off lights in Osaka

Oracle industry scenario

   Lagally: illumination sensor discovers that the light is turned
   on
   ... lights are controlled corresponding to the sensor

   McCool: for scenario 1, you use node-red, oracle or node-wot?

   Lagally: oracle system
   ... connected to node-WoT

   McCool: Fujitsu wants to use node-red?

   Lagally: guess so

   McCool: orchestration scenario with different devices should be
   described

   Lagally: would be good to have diagram as well

   Kaz: maybe we can dig into graphviz

   Lagally: would like to generate some simple handwriting diagram

   Kaz: ok

   McCool: we should show this at dev meetup as well
   ... should be careful what to be controlled
   ... reliable setting
   ... we should see which to be used for dev meetup

   Lagally: on the right side environment sensor
   ... monitor the environment
   ... not simulation but actual sensor
   ... industrial scenario to monitor sensors
   ... a couple of rules
   ... high organic value, etc.
   ... working on, turning on
   ... if the tank is lower than minimum, the lights become red
   ... otherwise it's green
   ... making voice announcement would be nice
   ... optical and acoustic notifications
   ... can extend the system
   ... e.g., turning on air conditioner
   ... the whole alert condition happens every 15 mins

   McCool: testing remotely

   Lagally: the diagram will look differently
   ... have to update the pictures
   ... life monitor on the left side
   ... McCoold's snap on the right side

   McCool: we can try remote access as well as local access
   ... I'll bring one of the lights to Lyon
   ... also we can try voice interaction

   Lagally: wondering how to remove these thumbnails from these
   pictures of google hangout

   Matthias: you can use some developer tool

Fujitsu

   Matsukura: home scenario 2 added
   ... this scenario
   ... there are some sensors and home appliances
   ... connect those devices in a chain
   ... turn on the room light
   ... the sensor detects that
   ... and turn on another light, e.g., on the Intel side
   ... looking for other sensors available in Lyon
   ... Fujitsu provides 2 proxies
   ... all of the devices connect to the local proxy

   Kaz: will generate a diagram about the whole setting?
   ... including proxies, sensors and devices

   McCool: in general diagrams are useful

   Matsukura: will try

Security

   McCool: Elena is not available on Sunday
   ... but would like to have security testing
   ... postman only handles HTTP
   ... the question was what security setting people have
   ... digest, bearer, digest, etc.
   ... what would people have?
   ... test suite under postman

   Kaz: will you add some description about that idea to this
   Scenario.md?

   McCool: should document that
   ... but maybe under the testing folder

   [13]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/testing/plan.md

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/testing/plan.md

   McCool: outcome of this to be a list of testing/validation
   ... any other discussion points?

TD version for PlugFest

   Kaz: publication version or "td4lyon" version?

   McCool: working with "td4lyon" version

   [14]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-lyon/T
   Ds/Intel/SimpleWebCamera.json

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-lyon/TDs/Intel/SimpleWebCamera.json

   McCool: adding new query parameter for camera
   ... issue was that action post for different media types
   ... for input and output

   Kaz: how to deal with multiple media types for a specific
   device is a difficult question

   McCool: has created an issue

   [15]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-lyon/T
   Ds/KETI/KETI_Sim_Environment_Sensor_Shared.jsonld

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-lyon/TDs/KETI/KETI_Sim_Environment_Sensor_Shared.jsonld

   Lagally: using TD from KETI used for Bundang PlugFest

   McCool: so Bundang version TD

   Kaz: Lagally, do you want to use Bundang version TD for KETI
   sensors?

   Lagally: planning to update them

   McCool: validator has been updated

   Kaz: so you'll update all the TDs based on "td4lyon" version

   Lagally: right

   Kaz: tx!

   [16]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-lyon/T
   Ds/Panasonic/PanaSimCleanerX.jsonld

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-lyon/TDs/Panasonic/PanaSimCleanerX.jsonld

   Lagally: Panasonic's TD is also updated

Panasonic

   <Zakim> yamada, you wanted to I'm thinking about another
   (semantics integration) scenario, can I explain?

   Yamada: another scenario

   <yamada>
   [17]https://github.com/yamagile/wot/blob/update-2018-lyon/plugf
   est/2018-lyon/Scenarios.md#semantics-integration-scenarios

     [17] https://github.com/yamagile/wot/blob/update-2018-lyon/plugfest/2018-lyon/Scenarios.md#semantics-integration-scenarios

   McCool: will create a PR?

   Yamada: not yet
   ... semantics integration scenarios
   ... scenario 1
   ... search devices which can be turned off/on by semantic
   annotation
   ... register TD to directory
   ... say "I'm home" or "Bye" to Google Home
   ... search devices which can be turned on/off
   ... turn on/off the device

   McCool: like the scenario
   ... good to know what the semantic tags are used
   ... wondering if the directory is running

   Matthias: let me check
   ... it's running

   McCool: good
   ... like this scenario
   ... please create a PR

AOB

   McCool: regarding logistics
   ... wondering about the building name

   Matthias: there is a street number

   McCool: OK
   ... wondering about drinking/eating inside

   Kaz: can update the f2f wiki with how to get the university

   McCool: see you there!

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [18]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([19]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/10/18 11:58:25 $

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 18 October 2018 12:03:57 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 18 October 2018 12:03:58 UTC