W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > May 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 23 May 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 00:40:02 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9W1BwtDySLfBV1Zd-cg48uaQQYPipfpV1Jsyv7inrj=7A@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/05/23-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Dave!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

23 May 2018

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Dave_Raggett, Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool,
          Daniel_Peintner, Grame_Coleman, Kazuaki_Nimura,
          Michael_Koster, Michael_Lagally, Nan_Wang, Takeshi_Sano,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Zoltan_Kis, Barry_Leiba, Kunihiko_Toumura, Darko_Anicic

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          dsr

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Quick update
         2. [5]Prague Plugfest Documentation
         3. [6]Korea Plugfest Preparation
         4. [7]TPAC Planning
         5. [8]Thing Description Task Force
         6. [9]Binding templates TF
         7. [10]Scripting TF
         8. [11]Security TF
         9. [12]AOB
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     * [14]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: dsr

Quick update

   We'll have a coordination call with the JSON-LD folks this
   Friday to discuss our requirements

Prague Plugfest Documentation

   Michael: any one have any updates?

   <kaz> [15]Fujitsu report including the others as well

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/result.md

   Nimura-san: Matsukura-san has been working on result.md (see
   link above)

   Another updates?

   Graeme: no update, but I’ve put together a demo

   Micahel: let’s include that in the collaboration part

   Nimura-san: updated section 2 for the Prague plugfest results

   He talks us through the diagrams

   including progress with the proxy and thing directory

   and work involving device simulators

   Michael: what does the red dotted box mean?

   Nimura-san: work on semantic discovery, security

   Michael: do you want each company to add a short summary?

   Nimura-san: yes

   <McCool> ACTION: each company to add short summary to each
   section
   of[16]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prag
   ue/result.md

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/result.md

   Nimura-san: long-polling …

   Section 3 lists issues for the next plugfest

   Michael: did we already discuss this?

   Kaz: yes, when Matsukura-san made his summary report before

   Michael: if we move this content to the wiki, it will be easier
   for everyone to edit it
   ... Michael Koster and I discussed restarting PlugFest effort
   in addition to the Testing effort

   We will do a doodle poll for a new time for testing

   This week we will have a testing call after this main call

   Next week, it will possibly take place before the main call

   scribenick: kaz

   Kaz will generate a Doodle poll to decide the slot for the
   Testing call (including the former Editor's call slot)

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle poll for the testing
   call next week

   kaz: wanted to transfer Matsukura's message that how to use
   node-wot, scripting, directory, simulator, semantic annotation,
   etc., should be clarified within the report

   scribenick: dsr

Korea Plugfest Preparation

   Michael: please register and book your hotel soon. Please note
   that google maps shows the wrong location, see wiki page for
   better link to korean map

   The plugfest will be over the weekend (Jun 30-July 1), The open
   day will be on Monday (July 2).

   Matthias is looking for speakers for the open day, especially
   from the Korean groups

   Michael asks for people who have contacts in Korea who could
   help us with talks

   Michael puts a list of companies we’re expecting to talk

   For the plenary, Michael invites each task force to provide a
   short description of what they want to discuss

   We need to expand upon the list of goals for the plenary

   Michael Koster talks about planning for the meeting

   Kaz asks Michael Koster whether he wants to add all the issues
   listed in Matsukura-san's report to the github issues

   scribenick: kaz

   Koster: good to do so

   scribenick: dsr

   McCool: we should start by narrowing down the set of goals

   Koster: I will help with that

   <McCool> ACTION: TF should propose F2F topics

   <McCool> ACTION: each to think about who to invite to OpenDay

   <McCool> ACTION: Koster to create agenda and collect
   goals/topics for Bundang plugfest/F2F

TPAC Planning

   McCool: TPAC is an opportunity to show testing

Thing Description Task Force

   Sebastiat: just back from holidays. Some discussion on issue by
   Ben on using label rather than name, we decided to stick with
   label

   s/SebastiatSebastian/

   This Friday we will look deeper at the TD ontology

   Michael: can we get the security metadata into the TD ontology?
   What is the time frame for me to work on that?

   McCool: we have some 20 security terms

   To avoid further confusion, I’ve merged the github doc with the
   master

   <kaz> [17]WoT Security Metadata proposal

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/blob/master/wot-security-metadata.md

   Sebastian: I think there was an issue at what level the
   security terms appear

   McCool: the parameters that make sense depend on the scheme

   We may not be able to express the constraints in JSON-LD
   conveniently

   Sebastian: why do we need scheme?

   McCool: There is an issue with …

   The idea is to have a default scheme that can be overridden for
   a particular context

   We stick with a simpler approach for the next pluigfest, and
   discuss this further on Friday

Binding templates TF

   Koster: we need to define the new vocabulary around websockets
   and …

   For the next call we will focus on new patterns

   McCool encourages people to participate in the binding tf

   Koster talks about deferred state pattern

Scripting TF

   Not so many people in this week’s call

   We have a pretty good draft, but need to clarify how to support
   dictionaries

   zkis: an issue around forms in webIDL

   <kaz> [collaborative discussion by Scripting, TD and Binding on
   ontology is encouraged]

Security TF

   We merged some pull requests and merged back with the master.
   We need to do some more work on mitigation of privacy threats

   We used npm’s new security audit to discover some outstanding
   security issues with node-wot.

   We now need a plan for fixing them

   at least for the critical ones

AOB

   Dave provides a quick heads up on the platform interop testing
   work he is starting with funds from the EU project “F-Interop”
   with a view to demonstrations during TPAC.

   scribenick: kaz

   Kaz suggests we talk about that during the Testing call after
   this WoT main call.

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: each company to add short summary to each section
   of
   https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/res
   ult.md
   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle poll for the testing
   call next week
   [NEW] ACTION: TF should propose F2F topics
   [NEW] ACTION: each to think about who to invite to OpenDay
   [NEW] ACTION: Koster to create agenda and collect goals/topics
   for Bundang plugfest/F2F

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [18]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([19]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/05/23 15:38:37 $

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 23 May 2018 15:41:11 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:49 UTC