W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > June 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 13 June 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 22:07:58 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9W5F_LwKLA-z_zA4fOXaR-peWWM7BsjNgaaKbOH71bQ-A@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/06/13-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Michael Koster!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

13 Jun 2018

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Zoltan_Kis, Matthias_Kovatsch,
          Graeme_Coleman, Michael_Koster, Taki_Kamiya,
          Tetsushi_Matsuda, Takeshi_Sano, Daniel_Peintner,
          Federico_Sismondi, Michael_McCool, Darko_Anicic,
          Toru_Kawaguchi, DarkoAnicic, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally, Barry_Leiba,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Sebastian_Kaebisch

   Regrets

   Chair
          Matthias, McCool

   Scribe
          mjkoster, kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Agenda bashing
         2. [5]Quick updates
         3. [6]Korea f2f
         4. [7]Open day
         5. [8]PlugFest infrastructure
         6. [9]TF report out
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: mjkoster

Agenda bashing

   <mkovatsc>
   [12]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

     [12] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Quick updates

   Matthias: next meeting is a 1.5 hour combined plugfest+testing

   McCool: meeting with IIC to discuss liaisons, working on
   semantic interoperability and data modeling
   ... used the new summary presentation and talked about
   iot.schema.org wrt semantics

   Matthias: does anyone have a relationship with IIC?

   Taki: I am a member of several task groups
   ... they are working on a lot of testbeds
   ... they all support and work with each other
   ... first we need to propose WoT as part of their technical
   framework

   Matthias: look for symbiotic opportunities to collaborate

   <kaz> [13]SmartThings report

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/result-smartthings.md

   Matthias: reminder on Prague plugfest results

   Koster: submitted a results document

   Matthias: it looks like a lot of overview

   <mkovatsc> [14]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201806/

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201806/

   Koster: I used the Fujitsu template; maybe I need to edit
   again, will go fix it

Korea f2f

   [15]F2F registration results
   >

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201806/results

   Matthias: registration reminder for the F2F, we have 22
   registration
   ... planning logistics, lunch will be on us
   ... no catering for lunch, but we can go out or order in like
   the Prague PF
   ... Reminder to register even if you are participating remotely
   ... question #3 on the registration for remote participants

   Kaz: it will be better to prepare for remote participation if
   we have registrations

   McCool: please mark which sessions you are attending also, so
   we can structure the topics

Open day

   <mkovatsc>
   [16]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_30_June-5_July_
   2018,_Bundang,_Korea#OpenDay

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_30_June-5_July_2018,_Bundang,_Korea#OpenDay

   Matthias: we have 5 confirmed presentations, still waiting to
   hear from ETRI and TTA

   McCool: IG/WG members can also present id there is something of
   broad interest

   Matthias: anyone have any ideas now?

   McCool: presentation on AI services

   Matthias: OK, add to the list
   ... other ideas or anyone know about any ideas from others?

PlugFest infrastructure

   Matthias: timeline for node-wot is end of the week for a new
   version with a first pass scripting API
   ... for Thing Directory, will have a serializer soon but not
   sure about the ontology
   ... please list any dependencies

   McCool: validator will have dependencies

   <McCool> McCool: it's not that the validator has dependencies,
   it is that it needs to be updated

   <McCool> ... Ege and I are working on it, hopefully have an
   update end of this week

   <McCool> ... more detail in plugfest call

   <mkovatsc>
   [17]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_30_June-5_July_
   2018,_Bundang,_Korea#Plenary_and_Breakouts

     [17] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_30_June-5_July_2018,_Bundang,_Korea#Plenary_and_Breakouts

   Matthias: need to add more details about the breakout and
   plenary sessions

   Matthias: we have security and testing topics

   Matthias: need to add items for scripting and TD to discuss the
   new status quo
   ... why things are as they are and the meaning of some of the
   new patterns
   ... if there are any issues or suggestions for changes, this is
   a good venue to discuss
   ... task force leads please review and add topics

TF report out

   Matthias: still some inconsistencies in the spec, for example
   the ontology pattern

   [TD] have added security metadata to TD

   Sebastian: also discussed the new approach merging dataschema
   and interaction
   ... will discuss more about this on Friday
   ... fixing some bugs in the ontology file that are affecting
   the interaction class
   ... playground is being updated and may be ready by the end of
   the week to use the new TD serialization

   <inserted> [Scripting API]

   Matthias: scripting API?

   Zoltan: text is being updated with security vocabulary
   ... PR #119 being worked on
   ... Zoltan and Daniel will both be out until the Plugfest
   ... node-wot is being updated

   Matthias: new TD format and definitions will be included by the
   end of the week

   McCool: will the implementation be in sync with TD?

   Zoltan: yes, they are aligned on the TD spec

   <kaz> [Binding]

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   Koster: last 2 weeks, discussion on new binding templates
   ... worked on design pattern for template of URI

   Zoltan: going to update the TD/Binding documents
   ... most of the new changes
   ... who are going to implement them?
   ... make sure it's implementable
   ... for the upcoming plugfest in Korea

   McCool: discussion during the PF call after this call?

   Koster: sound like the next meeting
   ... draft copy by the end of this week

   Matthias: preparation on template
   ... participation to fill in

   Koster: yeah
   ... Matsukura-san has updated the template
   ... think that's ready though we can add items
   ... pretty straight forward

   Lagally: people should upload TD files asap

   <inserted> scribenick: mjkoster

   Lagally: if there are TDs, we should upload them now and not
   wait until the last moment

   Matthias: there is a dependency on node-wot to generate TDs, so
   will prioritize that work

   McCool: security TF?

   <kaz> [Security]

   Matthias: discussed privacy mitigations
   ... also adding form-based auth
   ... current metadata is focused on http auth methods

   <kaz> [Testing]

   Matthias: testing?
   ... we can cover at the next call
   ... federico, is there an update on f-interop?

   Federico: looking at the requirements for WoT testing
   ... there is a semantic testing tool from soumya
   ... working more on technical interoperability beyond basic
   data interop
   ... discussing new use cases and discussing with Dave about
   some new tools

   Daniel: is there a mailing list or record of these discussions?

   Federico: can include the testing mailing list in the
   discussion

   Kaz: we should clearly identify which work is f-interop and
   which is W3C for communication scope

   Federico: will discuss with Dave, but f-interop development is
   done on an open source license so the discussion should be
   available
   ... but the core of f-interop is not open source

   McCool: can we treat f-interop as a member and participant?

   Federico: let's discuss in the next hour
   ... it's not quite the same as the other participants
   ... we can encapsulate docker images but not our own
   implementations
   ... hoping Dave can join in the next test/plugfest meeting
   ... could do a quick update now

   Matthias: only 10 minutes, we should adjourn and move to the
   next call

   McCool: should we schedule the f-interop talk at the beginning
   of the PF/test meeting

   Matthias: aob?
   ... adjourn

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [18]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([19]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/06/14 13:07:00 $

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 14 June 2018 13:22:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:51 UTC