W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > June 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 30 May 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 15:41:22 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9XMM+-MThJinGOBmpDSOOAh=Y4RzhZi0X9DeT-e5Q4JNA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/05/30-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Michael Lagally!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

30 May 2018

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Dave_Raggett, Ben_Francis,
          Daniel_Peintner, Darko_Anicic, Graeme_Coleman,
          Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_Koster, Michael_Lagally,
          Michael_McCool, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Soumya_Kanti_Datta,
          Taki_Kamiya, Kunihiko_Toumura, Barry_Leiba,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Zoltan_Kis, Ryuichi_Matsukura,
          Maria_Poveda

   Regrets

   Chair
          Matthias, McCool

   Scribe
          mlagally

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]quick updates
         2. [5]plugfest documentation
         3. [6]next F2F + plugfest
         4. [7]TD release candidate
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <benfrancis> Note to add to the meeting notes, would like to
   announce a test instance of the Things Gateway by Mozilla, for
   interoperability testing
   [10]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2018May/
   0040.html

     [10] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2018May/0040.html

   <mkovatsc>
   [11]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#30_May_2018

     [11] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#30_May_2018

   <kaz> scribenick: mlagally

quick updates

   testing TF - new timeslot - Monday 7am PDT / 10am EDT, 3PM UK,
   4 PM EST, ..., 11PM Japan

   Dave: reference is UTC?

   McCool: yes, UTC keeps calendars

   Kaz: AC rep discussion is still ongoing - please note that most
   of the W3C telcos are allocated based on US Eastern time (and
   those would be effected). so if we want to use UTC, everybody
   has to change their calendars

   Ben: Mozilla test gateway is available for interop testing
   ... not yet implementing official W3C spec - converging

   McCool: please add link to "testing" page

   Matthias: timeline for convergence?

   ben: dpeends on w3c spec evolution. It is very fluent at the
   moment
   ... expect to make new round of comments on latest TD spec

   McCool: need to validate implementations against the standard -

   Matthias: if it is not implementing the current spec, there
   should be a disclaimer

   ben: feel free to link to our spec on our website - this is
   pretty close to the W3C spec

   McCool: there should be links to validation reports

plugfest documentation

   <kaz> [12]plugfest reports

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2018-prague

   McCool: intel documentation is almost done - will probably do a
   small cleanup - keep in edit for the moment

   Koster: still need to update the report

   Darko: I did my part, but also need to add documentation about
   TD generator based on IoT schema as requested by Kaz

next F2F + plugfest

   <mkovatsc> [13]Korea f2f wiki

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_30_June-5_July_2018,_Bundang,_Korea

   Matthias: Please register at the Wiki page and fill out the
   questionnaire
   ... open day: several emails to local institutions and
   universities were sent. Kaz will reach out to Samsung and LG AC
   rep

   <mkovatsc>
   [14]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_30_June-5_July_
   2018,_Bundang,_Korea#Input

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_30_June-5_July_2018,_Bundang,_Korea#Input

   Matthias: please update input section on Wiki page if you have
   topics
   ... plugfest calls will be after this slot to discuss details

   Kaz: hotels and flights are filling up, please book asap

   McCool: when do we end on last day?

   Matthias: 4pm

TD release candidate

   Sebastian: <presents previous W3C working draft and new W3C
   Editors draft>
   ... final vocabularies will be consolidated this Friday
   ... Taki will moderate the call on Friday

   McCool: security definitions are wrong - need to update

   Sebastian: security is the last unstable thing, everything else
   is quite stable

   McCool: we could also use one additional week to stabilize
   security

   Koster: security and form are extension points. If you dig
   further there will be additional vocabularies, especially if
   new protocols are included

   <inserted>
   [15]https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-wot-thing-description-2018040
   5/

     [15] https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-wot-thing-description-20180405/

   <sebastian>
   [16]https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/#overview

     [16] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/#overview

   Sebastian: "interaction" term was removed
   ... new terms are "properties", "actions" and "event"
   ... we still have the interactionPattern for simplification
   ... small change on dataSchema - renamed to "input" and
   "output"
   ... we are 100% compatible with JSON schema (supporting a
   subset)
   ... we are also compatible with JSON-LD 1.1
   ... previous version had heavy array usage - we still can keep
   our goal of JSON style + semantic annotations and existing
   standards relying on RDF
   ... clear definition what's provided in the dataschema
   ... you can find a subset of JSON-schema terms
   ... t.b.d. if additional JSON-schema terms are needed
   ... you can define specific datatypes as needed
   ... all information is reflected in vocabulary part
   ... section 6 has been updated with a description of how
   instance is created
   ... hopefully all steps are clear
   ... there's also a section about JSON processing
   ... there is no change in the basic idea, examples look the
   same
   ... we hope everything is no fine for the next plug fest

   McCool: definitions: you wanted to have name - value pairs

   Matthias: this conflicts with JSON-schema. Would be an
   optimisation

   McCool: I will just leave that feature out of the security
   proposal. Less convenient, but not a big deal
   ... will adopt class-structure and create security descriptions
   accordingly

   Koster: how to process default context?
   ... if you don't include the context, there are some
   assumptions

   Matthias: this is how it should work. default context applies

   Koster: you could also have additional context URIs

   Matthias: combining contexts from media types, default,
   iotschema is possible
   ... representation format is defined by media type. you can
   select the default context from that

   McCool: you can always use the default context

   Sebastian: if you're not doing semantic processing you don't
   need it

   McCool: what if I only give iotschema.org context - processing
   still uses default TD?

   Matthias: depends on how you process it.
   ... if you use JOSN-LD pipeline - use what'S there and merge
   with the default context. we should improve the text to make it
   more clear

   Koster: on a plain JSON, can we still include @context tags?

   Matthias: yes, using a plain JSON library you would do some
   hard-coded processing

   Koster: also include @id?

   Matthias: a thing always should have an identifier - id field
   is a masked @id identifier

   Koster: will make a second written comment about subclass etc.

   Matthias: We discussed ontology structure with Victor -
   everything is resolved quite nicely

   Koster: will suggest small improvement

   Koster: need to think about it

   Maria: need to have another look - this seems to be coupling
   two models. no link from thing to interaction patterns

   Matthias: layout problem?

   Sebastian: we can improve

   mlagally: what about webvowl diagram?

   Matthias: there were some tooling issues - some additional
   confusing lines

   Sebastian: orefer a clear model without having to have RDF
   knowledge
   ... owls visualisation is not suitable (does not depict the
   cardinality)

   <mariapoveda>
   [17]http://fairreviews.linkeddata.es/def/core/index.html

     [17] http://fairreviews.linkeddata.es/def/core/index.html

   Maria: I put another UML example into the chat
   ... we could also use this diagram

   Matthias: did you do manual CSS for that?

   Maria: no

   Sebastian: can we add cardinality?

   Maria: yes

   McCool: better wait until the diagram is stable

   Matthias: I will create an issue to make sure that a single
   diagram depicts all relevant entities

   Koster: there may some vocabulary changes input / output, ...

   Sebastian: we would have 3 media types
   ... need to integrate into ontology

   Koster: <suggests model alignments>

   Sebastian: discuss on Friday

   Koster: will create an issue

   Maria: no link between thing and interaction pattern
   ... you need to join 3 queries

   Matthias: some info could be inferred
   ... we could perhaps describe querying in a separate document

   Darko: interaction pattern has not yet been described
   ... property, event, action need to be integrated

   Matthias: there are two aspects to the ontology: serialisation
   and querying
   ... we should separate it

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [18]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([19]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/06/04 06:35:24 $

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 4 June 2018 06:42:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:51 UTC