W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > January 2018

[PlugFest] minutes - 10 January 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 02:12:01 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9UquQkqU5OuU5ZZ8ZDKE1XyqGrGfgG+Ndhc0iaKTvDrDA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/01/10-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Michael Lagally!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                              WoT PlugFest

10 Jan 2018

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally,
          Daniel_Peintner, Michael_McCool, Taki_Kamiya,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Michael_Koster

   Regrets

   Chair
          Koster

   Scribe
          mlagally

Contents

     * [2]Topics
     * [3]Summary of Action Items
     * [4]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <mlagally_> scribe: mlagally

   <inserted> scribenick: mlagally_

   mkoster: security discussion in last meeting: typical setup,
   how to use oauth and other technologies
   ... TLS, access control lists, ...

   mccool: security is key at plugfest
   ... need use cases, obvious technologies
   ... goal is a draft presentation by next week
   ... different levels of complexity - pre-shared keys, ...
   ... controlling access to resources is important, e.g. use of a
   semantic search engine could be expensive
   ... design question for security - per method or for entire
   solution

   mkoster: with ACL you have per-resource control of access, role
   based
   ... this is not much different
   ... embed ACLs in datastructure or separate in a database

   mccool: don't have last week's presentation?

   mkoster: will put slides into plugfest directory
   ... need to describe how does a proxy work, protocol bindings,
   annotations in semantic interoperability
   ... how does scripting, protocol binding work together

   mccool: need architecture TF to sort this out

   mkoster: we need system level document to get this right
   ... we should have TF or other meeting to take back plugfest
   results into architecture

   mccool: capture plugfest findings in a document, could be
   informative

   mkoster: currently no security / discovery in architecture
   document, could be a separate paper

   kaz: matsukura-san and kajimoto-san were talking about this too
   ... so we should talk with them about how to proceed
   ... unfortunately they are not here, though

   mkoster: will publish slides on the 5-6 areas, we can refine
   ...
   ... details need to be fleshed out

   kaz: at some point we need to add issues to the plugfest repo
   ... can add plugfest label

   mkoster: plan is to update slides and create github issues to
   get this started
   ... aob?
   ... meeting adjourned
   ... reconvene next week

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [5]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([6]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/01/10 17:09:38 $

      [5] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [6] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 10 January 2018 17:13:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:49 UTC