W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > August 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 1 August 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 14:03:48 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9V4SrrwUYnqOdZezaaxi86SW8geqd+kN_SeHRvbe3YfuA@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-wot-wg@w3.org, Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/08/01-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, McCool!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

01 Aug 2018

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Matthias_Kovatsch, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Michael_Koster, Daniel_Peintner, Dave_Raggett,
          Graeme_Coleman, Michael_McCool, Michael_Lagally,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Kunihiko_Toumura, Toru_Kawaguchi,
          Zoltan_Kis, Ryuichi_Matsukura, DarkoAnicic, Darko_Anicic

   Regrets

   Chair
          Matthias, McCool

   Scribe
          McCool, kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Quick updates
         2. [5]Online plugfest
         3. [6]F2F minutes
         4. [7]TD report
         5. [8]Testing/PlugFest call
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: McCool

Quick updates

   workshop on permissions and user consent

   [11]https://www.w3.org/Privacy/permissions-ws-2018/cfp.html

     [11] https://www.w3.org/Privacy/permissions-ws-2018/cfp.html

   Kaz: information on mailing list
   ... related to privacy and security
   ... kajiwara from ACCESS may be able to attend

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   McCool: note the deadline for the position paper is august 7
   ... we can put a paper together

   <McCool> ... will discuss position paper in next security call

   McCool: please join the security call on aug 6 if interested

   <inserted> scribenick: McCool

   McCool: mccool to put together and coordinate with kajiwara

   Matthias: will also discuss plugfest results in testing call,
   right after this

Online plugfest

   <mkovatsc> Doodle for Online PlugFest
   [12]https://doodle.com/poll/a33qfw5te9myer23

     [12] https://doodle.com/poll/a33qfw5te9myer23

   Matthias: created a doodle to discuss timing

   McCool: can discuss logistics in testing/plugfest call

   Lagally: outline description please?

   Matthias: central part is making things available over the
   internet
   ... minimal version is making devices available on the internet

   McCool: I'm also thinking of setting up a VPN

   Koster: we can also use F-interop

   McCool: we might need a pre-plugfest plugfest

   Matthias: f-interop good for our own testing, but also a
   different target

F2F minutes

   <kaz> [13]Bundang f2f minutes

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2018/06/30-0705-wot-minutes.html

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask about when to finalize the f2f
   minutes

   Kaz: how to wrap up the F2F minutes?
   ... ok to finalize?

   Matthias: ok, will add to the agenda
   ... does anyone still need time to look at them?
   ... don't hear any objections
   ... until when do you want to do this?
   ... let's give it one more day
   ... if nothing else comes in, can publish

   Kaz: ok

TD report

   <kaz> [14]TD draft

     [14] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/

   Matthias: 1-week review starting now
   ... want to have a resolution to publish next Wed

   Sebastian: taki is not here...
   ... short overview of latest version
   ... spent time reviewing, looking for bugs
   ... both in description and model
   ... what you can now find is a smoother explanation
   ... now describes simplified JSON version and relationship to
   JSON-LD 1.1 version
   ... also explanation of mediaType
   ... new information in namespace section
   ... define all namespaces used for vocabularies
   ... with new URLs hosted by W3C
   ... link to TD ontology file, context files, security, data
   schema ontologies
   ... although in the future we will still need to change the
   URLs; right now still uses github
   ... eventually will be W3C domain

   Matthias: been talking to dave and working on this

   Dave: waiting to hear back from the W3C Systeam; there is limit
   to what I can do to fix the issues
   ... still an outstanding issues about the names; waiting to
   hear back from the chairs

   Matthias: if you eliminate the current directory it might work

   Dave: unfortunately I can't delete directories with the access
   I have...

   Matthias: would still like to have the redirection
   ... if this can be fixed within a week, we can publish with the
   correct URLs

   Dave: I will see what I can do

   Kaz: maybe we can ask antonio for help

   Sebastian: also new information in the conformance section,
   points to a JSON Schema, annex has the schema
   ... can be used to validate TD instances
   ... was also a discussion in issues
   ... that we can use shapes to do validation
   ... maybe we can do that in the future
   ... in the information model
   ... also some new description and explanation
   ... also points out that figures are not ontology but an
   overview
   ... points people to the ontology links so you can get the full
   information
   ... but we still need to generate a web page representation of
   the ontologies
   ... so if you follow the links and ask for HTML, you will see a
   nice rendering
   ... also explains the modularity, three namespaces
   ... interactions, security, data schema
   ... also some bug fixes in the information model
   ... hopefully we now have a good version with conflicts fixed
   ... with the fixes the visualization now looks good
   ... but we took out the link to it to avoid a broken link
   ... we can still put it in the ontology documentation, rather
   than the standard
   ... since we can update the former as needed

   Lagally: we do not need to duplicate information...

   Matthias: different tooling; this figure is a UML diagram, not
   the same as the ontology diagrams
   ... but makes sense to put in the ontology description
   ... people who will look at this are used to those tools

   Lagally: so it's interesting about what is normative
   ... what if there is a difference between schema and ontology?
   ... spec should be clear about what has priority.

   Matthias: but spec is generated from ontology file, so...

   Lagally: so we need to clearly state what is normative.

   McCool: I also added an RFC2119 statement that tables are
   normative
   ... in the PR for the mandatory security

   Matthias: does this spec go beyond bundang spec?

   <kaz> [15]pr 174

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/174

   McCool: can merge mandatory security in the sense it does not
   add a new feature
   ... although most TDs used in Bundang will be invalid

   Matthias: we are also using the wrong context file in those TDs
   ... ideally, to have some valid samples, everyone would update
   their TDs, to at least fix the context address
   ... implementations can still work with TDs that don't declare
   security; can be generous

   McCool: and also, if people want to update security, is easy

   Kaz: we should mark sections as normative or informative.
   normative sections include normative assertions.

   Koster: good to put all the normative statements in one place

   Matthias: was showing a sentence about how to express this

   McCool: in particular we should point out examples are not
   normative

   Kaz: this text in section "4. Conformance" is a common template

   dape: section 3 on namespaces...
   ... was wondering about versioning
   ... what if one evolves but not another
   ... also, I noticed one link was http

   Matthias: so far, is just a namespace
   ... is unfortunate that is serves an old file

   dape: but versioning is still an issue... how are we going to
   handle updates?

   Matthias: we are still waiting for some feedback on other,
   non-td vocabs
   ... coap, security, etc.
   ... maybe dated URIs make more sense for those
   ... still an open issue

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask about pr 173 esp about no
   security ("none") setting

   <kaz> [16]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/173

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/173

   Kaz: security call, PR173 discussion
   ... victor's comment
   ... did not show up in rendered document?

   McCool: I think it is actually resolved now

   <kaz> (pr 173 was related to pr 174)

   Matthias: also, think we will merge the PR174
   ... on mandatory security

   <mkovatsc>
   [17]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/174

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/174

   Matthias: but there is a small conflict

   McCool: I will resolve

   <mkovatsc> *NOTE* Resolve conflict in
   [18]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/174

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/174

   <mkovatsc> Then Sebastian can merge

   Sebastian: another issue with mediaType
   ... added a section to explain it
   ... there is a section on recent changes

   McCool: I volunteer to do an editing pass

   <kaz> [19]TD JSON Schema validation

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/blob/master/validation/td-json-schema-validation.json

   McCool: also I think the schema should be a little stricter
   about security
   ... will make a PR to try to tighten schema

Testing/PlugFest call

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   Kaz: plugfest report included in that call for today

   McCool: btw, we should do another doodle for 4 options
   ... 1 for the combined call or 3 options for separate calls
   ... would like to talk with Kaz offline

   <McCool> mccool: have doodle that can decide both whether to
   have a separate call, and also when

   <McCool> mccool: adjourn, testing call in 10 min

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [20]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([21]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/08/01 14:41:13 $

     [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Friday, 3 August 2018 05:05:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 3 August 2018 05:05:01 UTC