W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > October 2017

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 25 October 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 23:51:47 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9WrFXuEQaaorQ9as4twsY4yLvY136-p8nmocDhA5EQM4w@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/10/25-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Taki!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

25 Oct 2017

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/25-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Taki_Kamiya, Zoltan_Kis,
          Daniel_Peintner, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi, Uday_Davuluru,
          Barry_Leiba, Takeshi_Yamada, Keiichi_Tokuyama,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Regrets
          Darko, Matthias

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          TK

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Agenda
         2. [6]Publication schedule
         3. [7]Current Practices
         4. [8]TPAC Registration
         5. [9]TPAC Agenda
         6. [10]TF reports
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <taki> Scribe: TK

   <kaz> scribenick: taki

   <scribe> ScribeNick: taki

Agenda

   McCool: Any agenda item suggestion?
   ... We discussed TPAC.
   ... Any quick updates?

   Kaz: PlugFest logistics

   Daniel: Poster issue is not resolved.

   McCool: OK. Let's discuss later.

Publication schedule

   <kaz> [13]Security schedule

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_Security_WebConf#Schedule

   <inserted> [14]TD schedule

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Thing_Description_WebConf#Schedule

   McCool: Has all TF published schedules in Wiki?
   ... Scripting has not posted yet.

   Zoltan: It is not easy to tell the schedule at this moment. A
   lot of discussion is going on.

   McCool: People need to work on schedule.

Current Practices

   McCool: Matthias was working on Current Practices document.

   Daniel: He is currently working on it. How much more work is
   necessary, I don't know.

TPAC Registration

   McCool: PlugFest registration is open till the end of the
   month.
   ... 25 people are registered.

   <kaz> [15]PlugFest registration results

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTPlugFest201711/results

TPAC Agenda

   <kaz> [16]TPAC agenda

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_4-10_November_2017,_Burlingame,_CA,_USA#Agenda

   McCool: Wednesday, web security, web commerce, we are gonna
   have joint meetings.
   ... In afternoon, we focus on Plugfest.
   ... Web commerce joint meeting is on Thursday.
   ... Automotive WG joint meeting will be on Monday or Tuesday.

   <kaz> (and Auto&Web Platform BG on Thursday)

   McCool: Device and sensors WG, we will invite them to PlugFest
   on Wednesday.

   Kaz: Media and entertainment IG, cloud browser TF. There is
   possibility of them to use servient model. We should have
   discussion. Cloud browser discussion will be Monday morning.
   Should invite them on Tuesday. I will continue discussion with
   them.

   McCool: Banner posters.
   ... We need a template. Matthias was mentioning template.

   <kaz> Taki: provided information on a banner poster at a local
   printing company

   <kaz> ... 81cm x 203cm

   <kaz> ... almost same as the one for last year

   <kaz> ... we can order it online

   <kaz> McCool: can get it printed next day?

   <Zakim> dape, you wanted to when do we need to hand in posters
   for printing

   <kaz> Taki: will check

   Daniel: We first wanted to check whether the old template was
   OK.
   ... The size requirement is same as last week.

   McCool: Dinner schedule.

   Daniel: Monday is out of scope because there is developer
   meetup.

   <kaz> [[17]https://www.w3.org/2017/10/11-wot-minutes.html says
   "we should create doodle"]

     [17] https://www.w3.org/2017/10/11-wot-minutes.html

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to create a doodle for dinner (sat vs sun)
   [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2017/10/25-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/25-wot-minutes.html#action01

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-121 - Create a doodle for dinner (sat
   vs sun) [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2017-11-01].

   McCool: Let's do a doodle to decide whether Saturday or Sunday
   night is good for WoT dinner.
   ... Plugfest logistics.
   ... Fujitsu space will be big enough.
   ... We want to know how big is the room for the actual PlugFest
   in the hotel.
   ... Eg. how many tables, etc.
   ... We also need to collect requirements.
   ... I will create a template for this.
   ... Template for each participant to request Power, Space,
   Network, etc.
   ... Everybody should fill this table.
   ... Please go ahead to fill the table.

TF reports

   <kaz> TD

   <kaz> [19]TD minutes

     [19] https://www.w3.org/2017/10/20-wot-td-minutes.html

   <kaz> scribenick: kaz

   Taki: meeting with JSON-LD 1.1 at TPAC
   ... SSN Ontology REC
   ... observable property

   McCool: Darko working on semantic annotation
   ... myself as well

   Taki: Darko and Victor can add annotation to TD if people can
   provide TD beforehand

   <inserted> scribenick: taki

   TK reported on TD TF call...

   <kaz> Scripting

   <kaz> [20]Scripting minutes

     [20] https://www.w3.org/2017/10/23-wot-minutes.html

   Zoltan: Several details and some principle are challenged. Dave
   has some proposal as well.
   ... Nine issues are on-going.

   <kaz> [21]Scripting issues

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/issues

   <zkis> [22]https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/issues

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/issues

   Zoltan: Here is the link to issues.

   McCool: I see issues in implementations.

   Zoltan: Node.wot is still usable wrt. the current spec.

   Daniel: There is one remaining issue related to some of the
   issues here. Only a slight difference.

   McCool: Is there any description?

   Daniel: One minor issue.
   ... All capabilities are implemented. Please take a look.

   McCool: If we have description of the issue, that would be
   great.

   Daniel: OK. I will do.

   McCool: Thanks

   <inserted> Binding

   McCool: Binding templates call was skipped this week.

   <inserted> [23]Binding pull request 9

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates/pull/9

   Koster: I made a pull request for HTML version.
   ... This is ready for review.
   ... Big issues are already rolled in.
   ... What I am showing now is my branch version.
   ... I still have identity issue. Please fix this.

   McCool: Can Kaz repair this?
   ... You need to link up your two accounts. Github and W3C.

   Kaz: We need to tie two accounts using repository manager, and
   provide a link for that purpose

   Koster: I can check into it.
   ... Next, I want to describe TD examples.
   ... I will add that some time today.

   McCool: Please let us know when you are ready.
   ... Let's merge as soon as possible.

   <inserted> Security

   McCool: Security TF. We had some decisions made.
   ... We have release candidate for FPWD. This is informative.
   ... No errors in respec.
   ... We have to make a request by tomorrow to get it published
   by TPAC.
   ... Are there any objections to make a request?
   ... There are many green spots indicating they are future work
   items.
   ... This is to get feedback.
   ... Any objections again?
   ... Since last week, there were many changes. Simplified
   terminologies, eg.
   ... section 5. examples.
   ... We decided to add examples for each use case.
   ... Use cases such as: Do we need certificates for TD, etc.
   ... We are gonna mark it as draft.

   <kaz> [24]Security&Privacy consideration draft

     [24] https://rawgit.com/w3c/wot-security/master/index.html

   McCool: Unless there is gonna be major objection within 24
   hours, let's proceed.

   Kaz: This is a Note, right?

   McCool: Yes. Informative WG Note.

   RESOLUTION: we'll publish the security&privacy consideration as
   a WG Note unless major objections within 24hours

   McCool: Adjorned.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to create a doodle for dinner (sat vs sun)
   [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2017/10/25-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/25-wot-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [26]we'll publish the security&privacy consideration as a
       WG Note unless major objections within 24hours

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [27]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([28]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/10/25 14:48:37 $

     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 25 October 2017 14:52:55 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 25 October 2017 14:52:56 UTC