W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > May 2017

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 24 May 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 02:03:55 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9X9LVA+6qSwB8uP+1Ve4M2Hv2XE+r9o+drxO07L0jF4vw@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/05/24-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks for taking the minutes, Dave!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

24 May 2017

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/24-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Dave_Raggett, Danh_Le_Phuoc, Kaz_Ashimura,
          Michael_McCool, Angel_Retamar, Daniel_Peintner,
          Johannes_Hund, Kunihiko_Toumura, Masato_Ohura,
          Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_Koster, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Takeshi_Yamada, Taki_Kamiya, Keiichi_Tokuyama,
          Uday_Davuluru, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Federico_Sismondi

   Regrets
   Chair
          Michael

   Scribe
          dsr, kaz

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Thing to Thing Research Group meeting
         2. [6]OCF Liaison meeting
         3. [7]Presentations
         4. [8]Summary of Osaka face to face
         5. [9]Next f2f
         6. [10]Next step - roadmap
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <dsr> scribenick: dsr

Thing to Thing Research Group meeting

   This is in respect to the next WoT F2F in Dusseldorf. The T2TRG
   meeting is in Prague.

   Anyone know what pass is needed for the T2TRG meeting?

   The one day pass for the IETF is $375, is that sufficient?

   Michael_K: Ari and Karsten would know.

OCF Liaison meeting

   Small meeting - we discussed our goals for the next WoT F2F. We
   would like to have some demos running.

   Michael_K: I will work mostly on the upper layer stuff

   Michael_M: The current open source software is in pretty good
   shape and includes device simulation. I am still trying to get
   it runnng and can share what I learned.

Presentations

   No presentations scheduled for today.

Summary of Osaka face to face

   Kaz presents some of his photos of the face to face.

   <kaz> [13]photos and slides from the Osaka f2f

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2017/05/wot-f2f/

   <kaz> [14]minutes from Friday

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2017/05/19-wot-minutes.html

   <kaz> [15]draft compiled minutes

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2017/05/15-19-wot-minutes.html

   We had some visitors to the plugfest and we showed them our
   demos.

   Siemens had a problem with their temperature sensor but were
   able to use one of the other demos to source the room
   temperature as a thing.

   We had around 50 people for the second day and a good set of
   talks for the Open Day, including an invited talk on behalf of
   Open Fog.

   We got a group photo!

   The rest of the days were focused on the IG/WG work items with
   break outs.

   The agenda has links to slides and photos.

   <kaz> [16]Osaka f2f agenda

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan#Agenda

   [17]Security Summary

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/wot-f2f/slides/W3C_F2F_Osaka_Security_Summary.pdf

   For security, we started with a talk in the open day and then
   had sessions on successive days.

   We reviewed the threat model and references to external work.

   We added roles and use cases to the threat model

   One of the outcomes was a diagram showing the security
   boundaries for a WoT run-time and drivers etc.

   Any questions?

   [no]
   [18]Scripting API Summary

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/wot-f2f/slides/20170518_Role_of_Scripting_API_and_Management_Interface.pdf

   Johannes covers the scripting break out summary

   We had two sessions, one on modelling of thing management.
   Nimura-san provided use cases and diagrams. Zoltan provided an
   architecture image.

   In the second session we discussed the new version of the APIs
   and the similarities/differences to browsers.

   The minutes were taken online.

   <kaz> - Wed. 17: [19]Main room, [20]Breakout room

     [19] https://www.w3.org/2017/05/17-wot-minutes.html
     [20] https://www.w3.org/2017/05/17-wot-breakout-minutes.html

   <kaz> - Thu. 18: [21]Main room

     [21] https://www.w3.org/2017/05/18-wot-minutes.html

   <kaz> - Fri. 19: [22]Main room

     [22] https://www.w3.org/2017/05/19-wot-minutes.html

   Questions?

   Michael_M: one question is about access to the device hardware?

   Johannes: we agree that this should be through a thing.

   Michael: this is good for security

   Johannes: and to avoid fragmentation.

   Serbastian summaries the discussions on thing descriptions

   <kaz> [23]TD Summary

     [23] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/images/9/95/Td_summary_osaka.pdf

   We discussed the baseline thing description model with
   properties, actions and events.

   We looked at using JSON-LD and also regular JSON

   in respect to serialisation of interaction models

   Michael: do the examples on the slide refer to the same
   interaction model?

   <kaz> [24]RFC6690

     [24] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6690

   <kaz> [kajimoto-san's proposal on @include and @remove]

   For the lifecycle of things, Kajimoto-san presented some ideas
   on introducing new terms for JSON-LD, e.g. @remove. He
   presented a demo and hopes to collaborate with the JSON-LD
   Community Group with a view to standardising the additions,

   We looked at how to add semantic annotations to JSON schema.

   This focused on use of @type declaration. There was a lot of
   discussion, e.g. does it make sense to use JSON Schema. We
   would like to look at other proposals from Dave and Yongjing.

   See:
   [25]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/proposals/dsr-td/td-
   draft-spec-dsr.md

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/proposals/dsr-td/td-draft-spec-dsr.md

   Sebastian: please use the following issue for discussion

   <sebastian> issue about semantic annotations in type
   definitions:
   [26]https://github.com/json-schema-org/json-schema-spec/issues/
   309

     [26] https://github.com/json-schema-org/json-schema-spec/issues/309

   We also discussed the thing description namespace, and how we
   would like to deal with versioning.

   We discussed serialisation on Friday afternoon.

   Daniel: we decided to take a fresh look at serialisation
   formats, and would like to consider a format that appeals to
   web developers, and another format that is better suited to
   high performance/constrained devices.

   <kaz> scribenick: kaz

   [27]LD Summary

     [27] https://www.w3.org/2017/05/wot-f2f/slides/linked-data-osaka-2017.pdf

   dsr: gives summary of LD discussion
   ... focused on the relationship between interaction model and
   semantic model
   ... encourage sdos to converge
   ... we have bridging ontology
   ... linking semantic models

   dsr: expected plugfest during upcoming f2f
   ... ontologies for OCF, Echonent, OPC,e tc.
   ... to look at the opportunity for W3C to define APIs
   ... light-weight APIs to access ontologies
   ... the diagram on the right side explains the idea
   ... motion sensor, e.g., of OCF, provides data to other
   devices, e.g., oneM2M
   ... variations of cross-devices

Next f2f

   [28]Uday's slides on Dusseldorf meeting

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/wot-f2f/slides/Dusseldorf-F2F.pdf

   uday: will work with Kaz for the wiki and registration site

   mccool: suggestions for transport?

   uday: try to look into it
   ... getting observer requests
   ... working smart stuff

   mccool: use case discussions for OpenDay

   uday: smart city or energy
   ... they work on mobility
   ... Matthias also mentioned some company
   ... note the dates will be 9-13 July
   ... Monday, 10 July would be OpenDay?

   mccool: depends on who can come which day
   ... monday sounds like a plan at the moment

   uday: would like to start invite observers then
   ... any other opinions from the group?

   (no specific comments)

Next step - roadmap

   matthias: slides online

   <mkovatsc_>
   [29]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/images/b/b4/2017_F2F-Osaka-N
   ext.pdf

     [29] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/images/b/b4/2017_F2F-Osaka-Next.pdf

   matthias: please see the above slides
   ... no time for today

   mccool: would like to talk about marketing things as well

   matthias: will be taking vacation next week

   mccool: better to have some discussion this week?

   matthias: this week would be better than next week

   kaz: we should talk with the W3C Comm Team as well

   mccool: would start some initial discussion as well

   sebastian: I'll be on vacation next week too
   ... Taki will take the lead for Friday, May 26th
   ... btw, wondering about the write permission for the TD repo

   kaz: let's have discussion on that point offline

   mccool: btw, this Friday, neither Zoltan or Elena can make the
   Security call

   kaz: let's cancel the call then

   mccool: ok

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [30]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([31]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/05/24 17:02:23 $

     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 24 May 2017 17:05:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:47 UTC