W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > March 2017

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 1 March 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 23:02:14 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Wf-vS=qe-1VEXtJ4O4qeZpuT_T98QqeMjSx83G-M3bvA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/03/01-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Dave!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

01 Mar 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/03/01-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Dave_Raggett, Kaz, Feng_Zhang, Johannes, Toumura, Ohura,
          Matthias, Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Matsukura,
          Yamada, Taki, Tony, Yongjing, Yingying_Chen, Achille,
          Daniel, Nimura, Tokuyama

   Regrets
          Kajimoto

   Chair
          Matthias, McCool, Yongjing

   Scribe
          dsr

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Quick Updates
         2. [5]Osaka F2F
         3. [6]WG status report
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     * [8]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <mkovatsc>
   [9]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

      [9] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

   <scribe> scribenick: dsr

   <mkovatsc>
   [10]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#01_Mar_2017

     [10] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#01_Mar_2017

Quick Updates

   Kaz summarises the WoT WG editor’s call. The editor’s were
   assigned in Santa Clara.

   We’ve created a separate repository for each deliverable along
   with a template.

   <mkovatsc> [11]https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/

     [11] https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/

   Matthias: we need some work on the dashboard.

   <mkovatsc> [12]https://github.com/w3c/wotwg

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wotwg

   Dave: the /WoT/ page already links to the /WG/ page.

   <inserted> kaz: will add links to the WG deliverable repos to
   the WG page

   <mkovatsc> [13]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/

   Karen and Dave worked on a Media Advisory and plan for a Press
   Release with testimonials from WG members.

   this would be around the time of the FPWD. Dave to circulate
   the details after talking with Karen.

   Matthias: last update from oneM2M

   Yongjing: new oneM2M study work item on WoT IG current best
   practice document.

   Huawei, LGE and Hitachi will work on it.

   We will have more to discuss at the next F2F

   <mkovatsc>
   [14]https://www.w3.org/2017/02/wot-f2f/slides/2017_F2F-Next.pdf

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2017/02/wot-f2f/slides/2017_F2F-Next.pdf

   <kaz> oneM2M liaison on p18

   Matthias: in Santa Clara we collected bullet points for the
   roadmap, we still need a status update on the oneM2M liaison

   Yongjing offers to update the slides and send them back to
   Mathias

Osaka F2F

   <mkovatsc> [15]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201705/

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201705/

   The registration is now open …

   <kaz>
   [16]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka
   ,_Japan

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan

   Kaz: Panasonic have updated the meeting wiki page

   Please register as soon as you can

   Two social events: visit to demonstration room followed by
   dinner

   Plugfest set up on Monday.

   <kaz> [17]F2F agenda

     [17]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan#Agenda

   Matthias: this time we want to focus on testing

   We expect to also show demos on the open day

   <kaz> [current proposal on the wiki]

   <kaz> Monday morning: PlugFest preparation

   <kaz> Monday afternoon: PlugFest

   <kaz> Tuesday: Openday

   <kaz> Wednesday/Thursday: Tech discussions

   <kaz> Friday: Admin

   <mkovatsc>
   [18]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka
   ,_Japan#Input

     [18]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan#Input

   Matthias encourages us to edit the wiki page to provide our
   input

   Michael asks for some improvements to the registration form.

   Kaz: people should use the comment field to indicate which days
   you’re not attending the whole day.

   Invited talks will be on Tuesday as part of the Open Day

   Michael: I was thinking of inviting people from Open Fog
   consortium which is pretty active in Japan

WG status report

   Any updates from the WG task forces?

   Johannes: Zoltan showed. us a first outline for the scripting
   deliverable on Monday’s call

   <kaz> [19]scripting ed

     [19] https://w3c.github.io/wot-scripting-api/

   Matthias asks Taki who can do a first outline of the TD
   deliverable (Sebastian is busy with a Siemens internal project)

   Taki: we are discussing the weekday/time for the TD calls

   Taki to contact Sebastian to resolve the call slot.

   <kaz> [20]TD ed

     [20] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/

   Matthias asks Taki to copy content from the Best Practices for
   an initial draft

   <kaz> [21]architecture ed

     [21] https://w3c.github.io/wot-architecture/

   Matthias: Kajimoto-san has set up the architecture draft

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to mention the ed repo for architecture
   draft

   Kaz: I copied his draft to the new repository and added Frank
   as a co-editor

   Matthias: I will work on the binding deliverable when I have
   time and list the liaisons and expectations

   <kaz> [22]binding-template ed

     [22] https://w3c.github.io/wot-binding-templates/

   Matthias: I saw some progress on the Linked Data TF

   Dave: yes and Darko has created a poll for the call which will
   be every 2 weeks

   Likewise for people interested for the synchronisation task
   ince.

   Matthias talks about his plans for testing

   Another other input?

   Michael: yes, we had a short OCF liaison meeting, and OCF seem
   happy with our proposal

   I will attend the next OCF meeting.

   Mathias: the next OCF meeting is next week in Amsterdam
   followed by the IRTF Thing to Thing Research Group meeting.

   Matthias will attend

   also University of Bremen and Ericsson …

   Yinying: no update from communication task force for this week

   Matthias reviews the “stash” of potential items for future
   IG/WG telecons

   Oliver is still busy but looks forward to a future slot on
   security catch up

   Johannes will reach out for a Web Assembly talk, but is not
   sure it that related to our work

   Matthias asks. for a show of interest (no one speaks up)

   Dave to cover the survey of IoT platforms in next week’s call.
   The stash items on RDF model and valdiation to be passed to the
   Linked Data TF.

   Michael: we should seek speakers on security, including on the
   IIC with their security report.

   Dave: I could likewise reach out to the IoT-SF

   Michael: would be good to have both talks in same call

   Kaz: ditto for expected Invited Experts (and Automotive guys)

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/03/01 14:01:27 $

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 1 March 2017 16:41:36 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:46 UTC