W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > December 2017

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 21 December 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 00:55:20 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9VK--6shvOOMs_PQX=OGmYRpU_Bu7DZUJZ=VDsy9pqpyQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/12/20-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Darko!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

21 Dec 2017

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally,
          Michael_McCool, Michael_Koster, Daniel_Peintner,
          Graeme_Coleman, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi,
          Darko_Anicic, Maria_Poveda

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          DarkoAnicic

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Next meeting
         2. [5]Simplified JSON proposal
         3. [6]Security
         4. [7]TD
         5. [8]Scripting
         6. [9]Binding
         7. [10]PlugFest
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: DarkoAnicic

Next meeting

   McCool: proposal to re-start the work on Jan 8, any objection?

   No objection.

Simplified JSON proposal

   <dape>
   [13]https://rawgit.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/master/proposa
   ls/simplified-json-ld/index.html

     [13] https://rawgit.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/master/proposals/simplified-json-ld/index.html

   Daniel presents a proposal on a simplification of TD model, to
   align with the Mozilla proposal

   Daniel: "interaction" is left out, events, properties and
   actions directly shown in a TD
   ... @context cannot be simply added as in the Mozilla propsoal.
   ... default values can be omitted in TD to further align to the
   Mozilla proposal

   <dape> [14]https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/363

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/363

   Daniel: please review the proposal and give us your feedback
   ... the Mozilla proposal is strictly not only from Mozilla but
   few other companies too

   Lagally: are the both models semantically equivalent and and it
   is possible to map one to another?

   Daniel: they should be convertible to each other but needs to
   be checked out

   Lagally: can we get a JSON Schema from the Mozilla
   proposal/example?

   Daniel: we have a schema for our proposal and need to get their
   schema in order to compare them

   McCool: please provide the link from Mozilla proposal

   Daniel: it is already in the document:
   [15]https://rawgit.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/master/proposa
   ls/simplified-json-ld/index.html

     [15] https://rawgit.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/master/proposals/simplified-json-ld/index.html

   <kaz>
   [16]https://rawgit.com/benfrancis/wot/28a71243b27e1a32ddfb5699f
   8e3bb9b37958cc6/proposals/json-td/index.html#web-thing-descript
   ion

     [16] https://rawgit.com/benfrancis/wot/28a71243b27e1a32ddfb5699f8e3bb9b37958cc6/proposals/json-td/index.html#web-thing-description

   mjkoster: I do have comments but will post them on the mailing
   list

Security

   <kaz>
   [17]https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/NOTE-wot-security-20171214/

     [17] https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/NOTE-wot-security-20171214/

   McCool: the note on the security and privacy has been
   published. It needs to be cleaned up though.
   ... a paper for NDSS conf. has been submitted

TD

   Daniel: Sebastian is on vacation, thus no report from the TD TF

Scripting

   McCool: any report from Scripting API TF

   Daniel: we slightly changed the API, and we will restart on
   Jan. 8th

Binding

   mjkoster: Protocol Binding: we need a proposal to update TD
   based on the work from this TF
   ... the Protocol Binding document and TD update should be
   provided early in January

   McCool: we should be ready few weeks before the next PlugFest
   as the IETF hackathon and WISHI workshop

   mjkoster: I accepted a chair role of Data Model group in OCF

   kaz: are there any minutes from the Protocol Binding meeting

   mjkoster: unfortunately not, I will see if I can get some notes

   kaz: it would be good to comment the Mozilla proposal on the
   chairs list

   McCool: Mozilla is not a WG participant. Is that an issue?

   kaz: discussion should be kept as Git issues

PlugFest

   McCool: the PlugFest call will take place after this one.
   Please provide a topic/proposal to discuss
   ... please use the Wiki page. Each TF should provide an input
   ... AOB?

   meeting adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [18]scribe.perl version
    1.147 ([19]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/12/20 15:53:39 $

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 20 December 2017 15:56:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:49 UTC