W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > April 2017

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 26 April 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 16:40:31 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Ubz7UxOqTc0ziXQ4OpKV5rN-bD7pDt-NByyCL1zkQCDA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/04/26-wot-minutes.html

and also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Michael McCool.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

26 Apr 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/04/26-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Michael_McCool, Michael_Koster, Barry_Leiba,
          Daniel_Peitner, Elena_Reshetova, Feng_Zhang,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Masato_Ohura, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Takeshi_Yamada, Tokuyama, Uday, Zoltan_Kis,
          Matthias_Kovatsch, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Ada

   Regrets
          Dave_Raggett, Yingying_Chen, Kaz_Ashimura (due to the AC
          meeting and the OpenIoT event in Beijing)

   Chair
          Matthias_Kovatsch

   Scribe
          McCool

Contents

     * [3]Topics
     * [4]Summary of Action Items
     * [5]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: McCool

   [6]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf

      [6] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf

   Matthias needs to catch up with T2T

   Michael to talk about Doodle

   for Security TF and OCF TF

   also want to talk about Osaka F2F, finalize inputs

   last meeting we talked briefly about IETF99

   talked about interop that goes across device ecosystems

   want to start that discussion in T2TRG, probably on Sunday

   some overlap with WoT; many of us agreed that it would be
   useful to propose

   T2TRG chairs sent around an invite, WoT but also OCF, OMA, IPSO

   but also in July will have another joint meeting

   do we want to have joint meeting only with WoT, or have this
   larger meeting instead?

   if more groups, better to have it in Prague, many in T2T would
   also prefer Prague

   6 people definitely want to join T2TRG in Prague

   WoT F2F definitely stays in Dusseldorf

   but moving the meeting to Prague would require a train, about
   11h

   mcCool: would be valuable especially if we can get engagement
   with other standards bodies

   Matthias: to tell T2TRG that having meeting in Praque makes
   sense

   may need Friday for travel

   Doodles for Security TF and OCF TF

   Security TF Doodle: [7]http://doodle.com/poll/uk5myzvevqshfc7d

      [7] http://doodle.com/poll/uk5myzvevqshfc7d

   OCF Liaison TF doodle:
   [8]http://doodle.com/poll/fyvt578gwkq3kbzv

      [8] http://doodle.com/poll/fyvt578gwkq3kbzv

   <mkovatsc> Security people to invite: Thosrten Dahm, Oscar
   Garcia-Morchon, Steven Rich

   McCool: also Sven Schrecker from IIC/McAfee

   <mkovatsc> also Olaf Bergmann

   other alliances... KNX, Bacnet

   should start activity to look at concise descriptions for TD

   CBOR, etc. registration for tags needed

   do soon, so good number ranges

   Can JSON always be converted to CBOR? Yes, but better to
   register attribute names in advance to avoid having to put
   strings into data

   so we should register tags if we want to get the most benefit

   breakout session in Osaka: Sebastian, want to talk about
   serialization of TD; CBOR is one of the candidates; there are
   others (EXI)

   for semantics, EXI is better at string encoding

   but... let's save the discussion for Osaka

   we should also start thinking about how to evaluate the
   alternatives

   not just size; we should talk about what we need from the
   format

   Matthias: we need a strategy and a plan here...

   Zoltan: CBOR is used by OCF; also has good handling of binary
   data

   McCool: the use of a format by other standards should be one of
   our criteria

   especially on small devices each format needs code space, so...

   F2F: registration deadline is past

   added access information for restaurant

   currently have 36 participants registered

   currently have made reservations for 45

   so we have room for some more registrants

   <mkovatsc>
   [9]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,
   _Japan#Input

      [9] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan#Input

   Notes on F2F content: OpenFog should be 1h; OCF 1.0 to be
   covered; need breakout session for binding templates

   Question: because OCF1.0 candidate draft is now public, the
   need for handling confidential information as part of the OCF
   Liaison

   Time for OCF overview: 30m + 15m discussions; OpenFog, 1h,
   including discussion (eg 40m + 20m)_

   Matthias: Star Micronics? Kaz entered, ask him
   ... if you are a remote participant, please enter your
   contraints, what sessions you want to attend (will repeat on
   mailing lists)
   ... want to start testing implementations against each other

   In Santa Clara, still only closed demos, only a few
   interactions could be cross-tested

   so for this F2F, will try to make some more progress on
   cross-device interactions

   for each type: actions, events, properties, etc

   advice: if you implement, use a framework that allows you to
   have arbitrary properties, actions, and events

   Matthias: to send a reminder on mailing list...

   TF reports

   TD: today had extra meeting

   to try and close some issues... closed several CRs

   on Friday, hope to present final model for F2F, next "stable
   version" for the next few months

   regarding Osaka, added some breakout topics; one will be on TD
   serialization

   need also concrete discussion on JSON-Schema and semantic
   annotation; need a concrete example

   that we can use for the next plugfest

   cooperate with JSON Schema group

   need to also collaborate with Security TF

   will have to look again at TD lifecycle

   (McCool: noting no-one with security background will be able to
   attend in person...)

   Other topics: scripting API for management

   (prev was actually TD; NOW Scripting)

   Looking at web IDL specs

   still some open topics, but hope to finalize version in next
   call

   pull request.. 21

   <zkis> [10]https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/pull/21

     [10] https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/pull/21

   some changes, renamings; need to document

   what versions to use for plugfest: Scripting, will be version
   on next call (do all discussion this week, Monday is freeze)

   decision: postpone scripting call to Tuesday, freeze then

   Matthias to update the current practices...

   McCool: when can we have a version ready for F2F? *should* be
   by end of next week

   next meeting: draft agenda

   report-out on OpenIoT

   <mkovatsc> Industry Day Event during oneM2M TP#29 (May 24th,
   Shenzhen)

   <mkovatsc> OpenIoT Event (April 26th, Beijing)

   save minutes

   rssagent, create minutes

   <mkovatsc> ScribeNick: McCool

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [11]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([12]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/04/27 07:39:51 $

     [11] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [12] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 27 April 2017 07:41:48 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 27 April 2017 07:41:49 UTC