W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > April 2017

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 12 April 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 01:46:18 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Xv9YE0mC-TdwXauYWQQjC4SnQzF5jyOpkEkKBA9OHomQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/04/12-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks for taking notes, Yongjing!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

12 Apr 2017

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/04/12-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Koster, Ari_Keranen,
          Daniel_Peintner, Dave_Raggett, Feng_Zhang,
          Johannes_Hund, Kunihiko_Toumura, Matthias_Kovatsch,
          Michael_McCool, Niklas_Widell, Takeshi_Yamada,
          Keiichi_Tokuyama, Uday_Davuluru, Yongzing_Zhang,
          Yingying_Chen, Michael, McCool, Achille_Zappa,
          Masato_Ohura, Zoltan_Kis, Katsuyoshi_Naka,
          Kazuaki_Nimura

   Regrets
   Chair
          Matthias, Michael, Yongjing

   Scribe
          Yongjing, Kaz

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Agenda
         2. [6]Osaka F2F
         3. [7]Scripting TF report
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Agenda

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   Matthias: Osaka meeting and TF reports

   Ari: management interface discussion today?

   Matthias: not sure given we don't have Zoltan

   Ari: unfortunately, can't make the Osaka meeting

   Matthias: we can continue the discussion on the list

Osaka F2F

   <kaz> scribenick: yongjing

   Matthias: anyone from Panasonic?
   ... deadline for F2F registration? regarding dinner and room

   Ohura: Apr 21st is the deadline

   [10]registration site

     [10] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201705/

   Matthias: how many people can be invited? what's the room size
   for the open day?

   Ohura: the capacity is 100 people
   ... dinner shares the same deadline

   Matthias: currently 21 attendees, 2 remote participants

   kaz: can accept late registration for the meeting?

   Ohura: ok

   McCool: late registration is not applicable to dinner
   reservation

   [11]Osaka f2f wiki

     [11] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan

   Matthias: reminder for TF leads: put breakout agenda for F2F
   ... Matthias: if multiple slots needed, please reserve multiple
   bullets
   ... last week of Apr should freeze the agenda input
   ... binding template heavily rely on liaison. do we have input
   by Osaka? OCF for instance?
   ... what's the ocf plugfest status?

   Koster: it's ongoing. don't exact status now. Would work with
   Zoltan et al.
   .... will drive that in the next weeks

   Matthias: we dont have many representitives to report TF status

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   Yongjing: open day and plugfest in parallel?

   Matthias: better to concentrate on plugfest on Monday

   Yongjing: ok
   ... may bring some information on oneM2M for Open Day

   McCool: can bring some example of OCF devices

   Koster: we can see what we can within a few weeks

Scripting TF report

   <inserted> scribenick: yongjing

   Matthias: ask Zoltan to discuss the management i/f

   Zoltan: on Monday scripting call, discussed mgmt i/f
   ... reluctant to call it 'mgmt i/f'

   <kaz> [12]Scripting minutes

     [12] https://www.w3.org/2017/04/10-wot-minutes.html

   Zoltan: would be very useful to discuss based on common use
   cases..

   scripting API sit on top of security

   McCool: API to install the scripts need to be protected.

   Zoltan: we don't have it anymore

   we should revisit some assumptions, in security document

   we could discuss security architecture, provisioning ... in F2F
   or in prior

   Ari: a lot of attraction of LWM2M in addition to OCF/oneM2M

   Zoltan: we have looked in to LWM2M recently
   ... security TF will first clarify what are the use cases,
   actors, ... then think of the underlying platforms

   <kaz> [13]2-runtime(servient) example
   local thing and remote thing

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2017/04/wot/local-thing+remote-thing.png

   kaz: Matthias pointed out this discussion was related to
   synchronization discussion, and I'd agree to that view
   ... it might be useful to think of some models including
   version management capability like git
   ... runtime B on the right side above may manage actual TD
   properties using git to handle multiple requests from more than
   UA runtime
   ... and think about when/how to merge which request based on
   the context
   ... will respond to the email discussion as well

   Dave: emphasize the need of collecting use cases

   <dsr> some use cases:
   [14]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-wg/2017Apr/
   0001.html

     [14] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-wg/2017Apr/0001.html

   jhund: we have collected micro use cases for scripting API
   ... question is can we add scripts at run time?
   ... this topic may impact plenary
   ... we should pick up this topic in Osaka

   Zoltan: a script is always a deployment scripts, we don't
   deploy script anymore (?)

   Matthias: the two things you're mentioning are equivalent

   <dsr> (a thing is often more than just a script)

   Matthias: the original assumption is that scripts is always
   locally creating things

   <dsr> +1 to Matthias on embedding the management interface via
   a thing

   Zoltan: it's misunderstanding of my intention
   ... using existing mechanism avoiding creating additional mgmt
   API

   Matthias: define the problem clearly first, then discuss in the
   joint call among different TFs

   kaz: we can start with the above two run time model proposed by
   Johannes

   Dave: we should first have concrete use case as the discussion
   ground

   McCool: do we have use case template to follow?
   ... create repository in github/wiki
   ... suggest to have one session in F2F on use case

   Matthias: concerned putting independent use cases together is
   meaningless
   ... we need more input on the topic we just discussed for the
   f2f.

   McCool: scripting api, use case can be two agenda items for
   next call.

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [15]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([16]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/04/12 14:25:58 $

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 12 April 2017 16:47:34 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 12 April 2017 16:47:34 UTC