Re: [scripting] management interface

From: Kis, Zoltan <zoltan.kis@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 16:23:35 +0300
To: "Kovatsch, Matthias" <matthias.kovatsch@siemens.com>
Cc: "Hund, Johannes" <johannes.hund@siemens.com>, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>, Public Web of Things WG <public-wot-wg@w3.org>
Based on the discussion in IG/WG call today, the main criticism from
Matthias was about the remote creation of a Thing and having to have a
local "proxy" for modifying a remote Thing. The counter-proposal is that
all Server APIs affect only the local WoT Runtime, and it is the scripts
that are moved around.

Also, Johannes earlier shared concern of a script having to eventually
manage both local and remote Things would create confusion.

I proposed to find developer/solution scenarios that are to be solved in
detail with both approaches, hopefully identifying the challenges,
clarifying the concerns, and helping to select the better/simpler approach.
One is found in the scripting rationale doc:
https://github.com/zolkis/wot-scripting-api/blob/master/
rationale.md#wot-runtime-applications-scripts-things

I will not be able to travel to the Osaka F2F, eventually just call in the
afternoon sessions.

So from my part this could happen over a call, email, or rather, a github
issue discussion (much better persistence and readability).

The desired progress would include
- agreeing on the showcase scenarios
- presenting the solutions
- analysing their weaknesses and strengths
- decision.

Thanks,
Zoltan