W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > April 2017

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 5 April 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 03:14:32 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9X3zK8r0zZ-CzVTCwwRUm+Q7NnCDF9H3vV+5DS0WoxSvA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/04/05-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Yingying!

Kazuyuki

---
    [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

05 Apr 2017

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Dave_Raggett, Elena_Reshetova, Feng_Zhang,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_McCool, Michele_Blank,
          Takeshi_Yamada, Daniel_Peintner, Michael_Koster,
          Keiichi_Tokuyama, Yingying_Chen, Taki_Kamiya,
          Achille_Zappa, dsr, DarkoAnicic, Nan_Wang, Masato_Ohura,
          Johannes_Hund, James_Adams, Katsuyoshi_Naka

   Regrets
   Chair
          Michael_McCool

   Scribe
          Yingying

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Agenda
         2. [5]Security TF update
         3. [6]OCF liaison
         4. [7]WoT Web pages
         5. [8]Osaka F2F
         6. [9]TF progresses
         7. [10]Next meeting
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Agenda

   <kaz> scribenick: yingying_

   McCool: any comments on the agenda?

   Kaz: we should start discussion on the plugfest scenario

   Daniel: not sure whether Matthias joined the co-chairs call.

   McCool: no. It's cancelled.

   Daniel: We had some internal discussion.

   Kaz: Daniel could you talk about your idea during this call?

   Daniel: Yeah.

   McCool: is there anyone wanna give a presentation?

   [no]

Security TF update

   McCool: Elena is working on it.

OCF/IETF Meeting report

   McCool: MoU under review

WoT Web pages

   <dape>
   [13]https://www.w3.org/WoT/ WoT landing page< br/>
   [14]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/ WoT IG page
   [15]https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/ WoT WG page

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/
     [14] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/
     [15] https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/

   Daniel: coming up with one page which covers all the things in
   IG/WG for people to look at.
   ... some pages are out-of-date.

   McCool: clean up stuffs. Move stuffs and create a summary page
   for it.

   Dave: need to consider the target audiences. Tech or business
   people, W3C people or outside.

   Daniel: for outside we should have one page.
   ... difficult to differentiate for IG/WG, etc.
   ... might make people confused.
   ... the landing page needs to restructure. One single entry
   page to all the stuff that we are working on.

   McCool: one entry page. other working stuff on github.

   Daniel: these 3 pages all look different.

   Dave: community group which we want to bring flash light.

   Daniel: put the efforts in a single page and make it clear.

   Dave: who is the target audience?

   Daniel: when people ask about the WoT, we can show them a
   single page. Currently even the styles of these pages are
   different.

   Dave: IG serves for technical people. We need to serve
   different audience.

   Daniel: not the content but the style.
   ... I can go ahead and check people internally. We need to have
   a common understanding.

   Dave: need to consider the audience and serve different people
   with different information.

   <kaz> [16]relationship between wg and ig

     [16] https://www.w3.org/2016/07/wot-ig-2016-relationship.png

   Kaz: for example we have the above diagram to explain the WG
   and IG relationship.
   ... can we put something like this picture on the landing page
   to make it clear to people?

   McCool: merge the content into the same system and it will look
   the same way.
   ... consolidate it first.

   Kaz: I agree. We can separate the content and location first
   and figure out which content should go where.

   McCool: prefer the system of the landing page.
   ... suggest to move everything here.
   ... adding the IG/WG relationship diagram in the top of the
   landing page.
   ... how can we do the consolidation?

   Dave: first we need to include the community group into the
   diagram. Landing page with testimonials. IG page is wordpress.
   WG is in github.

   Daniel: the github io is very simple for us to do many things.
   Then you end up with one system.
   ... that's also easier for us. We use github very frequently. I
   would prefer github and give away wordpress.

   McCool: wordpress is for blog post?

   Dave: yes. Blogging is part of the outreaching mechanism.

   McCool: one style would be good. It could be a new system.

   Dave: WordPress is mature tool for blogging. but hard for other
   purpose.

   McCool: if we have the github, do we still need the blogging
   stuff.

   Dave: would keep the W3C communication stuff.
   ... propose to get agreement on the target audience first.
   ... what are our aims and then figure out better way to meet
   them.

   McCool: charter to understand requirements of audience,
   on-going communication on the blogging, links to important
   documents.
   ... all are important.
   ... missing the easy access.
   ... any volunteer?

   Daniel: I can try to go ahead and work out proposal what I
   think would be good.

   Kaz: agree with both Daniel and Dave.
   ... Daniel, could you please first create some sketch, maybe
   just manually at the beginning?
   ... also we should clarify which content are currently on which
   page
   ... and then which content should go to which page

Osaka F2F

   <kaz> [17]registration results

     [17] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201705/results

   Kaz: I sent a reminder to the group for people to register. We
   had 18 people so far.
   ... some people like non-members would join the meeting
   especially the open day and the plugfest.
   ... is there anyone in this call would like to join the meeting
   but not registered yet.
   ... Koster, how about you?

   Koster: I am planning it.

   Darko: I have to skip this F2F meeting.

   Elena: can not join.

   McCool: how about Zoltan? not online.
   ... suggest to set a deadline for the preparation of PlugFest.

   Johannes: not setup deadline for it. Maybe we can talk about it
   in next day. We need to agree to freeze on the TD, etc. for the
   PlugFest.

   McCool: ask the TF to provide the days they decide.
   ... we should try to make the freeze day happen and make the
   scenario for the freeze spec.
   ... where to put the scenario?

   McCool: we should put scenario in the wiki page.

   <kaz> [18]PlugFest scenario proposal on the f2f wiki

     [18] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan#Test_Scenarios

   <mjkoster> We want to add linking to TD for composed devices
   and collections

   <mjkoster> I will create a scenario for this

   McCool: let me add a topic. Please add your scenarios here.
   ... maybe this is also what the TFs need to consider. If they
   would like to have some new features, maybe they need some test
   cases here.
   ... let's move on to the TFs progress.

TF progresses

   McCool: let's first look at scripting API progress.

   <kaz> [19]Scripting summary

     [19] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-wg/2017Apr/0001.html

   Kaz: mainly talked about Nimura-san's proposed Rationale
   document. also talked about how to the IG scripting issues to
   the new repository.

   McCool: TD summary?

   <kaz> [20]TD minutes

     [20] https://www.w3.org/2017/03/31-wot-td-minutes.html

   Taki: we went through the issues. We need get into details of
   these issues.
   ... we discuss whether we should file the issue on the IG or WG
   repository. No conclusion yet.
   ... after that we again discussed Maria's TD model.
   ... this time we went through some questions to Marie, e.g.
   href should go into two entities? should we differentiate the
   physical thing and virtual thing.
   ... Sebastian will make some change request. Based on the CR,
   we will have further discussion on it.

   Darko: Linked Data and Semantic progress. We are still working
   on the scope.

   <kaz> [21]LD minutes

     [21] https://www.w3.org/2017/03/31-wot-minutes.html

   <DarkoAnicic>
   [22]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/TF-LD_charter.md

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/TF-LD_charter.md

   Darko: we have four points. First LD for app and platform
   contract, TD recipe, Domain specific vocabulary, and semantic
   constraint. It will still change. We also expect more issues to
   create. McCool raised the access for security.

Next meeting

   McCool: agenda for next meeting. Who can chair next meeting? is
   there any volunteer?

   Kaz: let's check with the other co-chairs.

   Johannes: Just got some audio trouble but I sent a short
   summary of the scripting TF.

   <kaz> [ Don't worry. Kaz had already given a brief report based
   on that summary :) ]

   McCool: I just take the initiative for the agenda of next
   meeting. Please add agenda or presentation on the wiki.

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/04/05 18:11:51 $

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 5 April 2017 18:15:49 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 5 April 2017 18:15:49 UTC