W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > September 2021

[wot-marketing] minutes - 20 July 2021

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 11:38:49 +0900
Message-ID: <87wnn2lp3a.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2021/07/20-wot-marketing-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, McCool!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] https://www.w3.org/

                             WoT Marketing

20 July 2021

   [2]IRC log.

      [2] https://www.w3.org/2021/07/20-wot-marketing-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Daniel_Peintner, Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool,
          Philipp_Blum, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets
          -

   Chair
          Daniel

   Scribe
          kaz, McCool

Contents

    1. [3]previous minutes
    2. [4]website review
    3. [5]web analytics
    4. [6]social media icons
         1. [7]WoT Implementations
    5. [8]workshops
    6. [9]Summary of action items

Meeting minutes

   <dape> [10]Agenda:

     [10] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Marketing_WebConf#Agenda

  previous minutes

   <dape> [11]https://www.w3.org/2021/07/
   13-wot-marketing-minutes.html

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2021/07/13-wot-marketing-minutes.html

   Daniel: review minutes

   McCool: we should follow up on how we are going to take care of
   the logos

   Daniel: yes there is an issue to track this

   Daniel: also need to track implementations
   … and talked about further dissemination; ongoing activity

   Daniel: any objections to approving the minutes?
   … hearing none, let's make these public

  website review

   Daniel: noticed we have some updated tweets, startup out of TUM
   … also is a PR to update the "upcoming" events, which are now
   past

   McCool: may as well add TPAC to this PR

   Daniel: do people agree I should add this and then merge it?
   … sounds like it, yes

   <dape> [12]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/186

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/186

   Daniel: some more PRs as well... Ege added WADE to the list of
   implementations

   <dape> [13]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/185

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/185

   Daniel: no objections, will merge
   … this also reorders the implementations to put more conformant
   ones higher in the list

   Daniel: another PR that archives older content on the wiki

   <dape> [14]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/187

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/187

   [15]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/87

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/87

   (delete entry for 87)

   <dape> [16]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Implementations

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Implementations

   McCool: let's also update the content on the wiki to point also
   to the main web page

   Daniel: ok (edits wiki)

   Daniel: will also merge the above PR to archive old content to
   keep it in an archive on the wiki

   Kaz: not strictly necessary to use the same license as in the
   charter

   McCool: although it would be consistent
   … and before we merge we should check with Coralie and Wendy

  web analytics

   Daniel: matamo can be used, can be set to not use cookies

   McCool: so do we just ask the system team to set this up?

   Kaz: but some concern that we would rather not share it
   publically

   McCool: I think the purpose is just to review, but not put the
   data in the minutes

   Kaz: can archive data in a private list; will let sebastian
   continue talking to them

   Daniel: agree, no cookies

   McCool: we care about the trend, not about the absolute number

   Philipp: nothing special about this, matamo does the right
   thing, good for our purposes

  social media icons

   <kaz> [17]Issue 188 - Adding Social Media Icons on WoT Pages

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/188

   Daniel: ege is proposing we add icons and links to all the
   READMEs for the github repos

   McCool: while we are at it, it would be good to point to the
   web page from each repo

   Cristiano: there is a github feature to point at the web site

   McCool: but currently used for github.io...

   Daniel: let's agree on a consistent header across all our repos

   Kaz: agree

   McCool: we should at least put the link to the web page,
   putting icons on each page is a second-order, reduces the
   number of links

   Kaz: right. regarding the addition of icons from external
   services, I'd suggest we check with Coralie

   McCool: we also have to decide which badges we want; twitter
   and stackoverflow?
   … too many different badges just makes more work for us, so
   harder to generate content for/stay on top of
   … so I'd keep it to a smallish number

   Daniel: and then there's the question of YouTube
   … Dom asking about this

   McCool: also, regarding StreamFizz, etc. I think we only need
   an alternative channel to make things available in China
   … so an alternative that is also not available in China is no
   use

   McCool: so right now we do use streamfizz for the alternative
   video source
   … need to test if it works in China...

   McCool: (timecheck)

   Action: kaz to talk to dom about getting access to video server
   credentials

   [18]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/178

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/178

    WoT Implementations

   <dape> [19]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/176

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/176

   McCool: I think we need to at least add SayWoT and WebThings
   … best to leave ECHONET off for now

  workshops

   Kaz: I will be speaking at workshop in Korea proposed by Gyu
   Myoung Lee from ITU-T SG20.

   Daniel: time to adjourn

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of action items

    1. [20]kaz to talk to dom about getting access to video server
       credentials


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    [21]scribe.perl version 136 (Thu May 27 13:50:24 2021 UTC).

     [21] https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html
Received on Monday, 27 September 2021 02:38:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 27 September 2021 02:38:58 UTC