W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > September 2021

[wot-marketing] minutes - 1 June 2021

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 11:35:39 +0900
Message-ID: <87zgrylp8k.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2021/06/01-wot-marketing-minutes.html


also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] https://www.w3.org/


                             íV DRAFT íV
                             WoT Marketing

01 June 2021

   [2]IRC log.

      [2] https://www.w3.org/2021/06/01-wot-marketing-irc


Attendees

   Present
          Cristiano_Aguzzi, Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan,
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Philipp_Blum,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets
          -

   Chair
          Sebastian

   Scribe
          dape

Contents

    1. [3]Minutes approval
    2. [4]WoT Video multi language subtitles status
    3. [5]Review WoT webpage if we need to do some updates
    4. [6]Webpage / blog visitor traffic
    5. [7]IG Blog post merge with W3C main blog
    6. [8]Conferences
         1. [9]Smart City Workshop

Meeting minutes

  Minutes approval

   [10]May-25

     [10] https://www.w3.org/2021/05/25-wot-marketing-minutes.html


   Philipp: noticed some grammar issues

   Kaz: fixed typo

   McCool: let's also slightly restructure the last content by
   introduction a new topic

   Kaz: added topics "other conferences" and "Issues"

   Sebastian: no further comments -> minutes approved

  WoT Video multi language subtitles status

   [11]Issue 141 - Multiple language support for the animation
   video

     [11] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/141


   Sebastian: Dom uploaded all subtitles
   íK great!
   íK Dom also asks for google account so that kaz can do updates
   also
   íK can close issue +141

  Review WoT webpage if we need to do some updates

   Sebastian: Agreed to check website content in each call

   McCool: can add link to wiki page on activities page

   Sebastian: Agree
   íK should we have this information on frontpage also?

   McCool: Yes, like "upcoming events" ... opening para

   Daniel: Suggest to tweet about updates .. instead of
   duplicating content

   McCool: Agree

   Sebastian: Ege could work on tweet

   Ege: Can tweet about

   Sebastian: thanks

   Sebastian: DP to add link to wiki pages?

   Daniel: Sure

   <sebastian> [12]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/

   F2F_meeting,_June_2021#Testfest

     [12] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_June_2021#Testfest


   <sebastian> [13]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/

   F2F_meeting,_June_2021#Virtual_F2F

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_June_2021#Virtual_F2F


   <Ege> Next week we will start our Testfest in order to generate
   the implementation reports of our specifications! This means
   that the Thing Description (V1.1), Discovery, and Architecture
   specifications are getting close to the recommendation stage.
   More info at [14]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/

   F2F_meeting,_June_2021#Testfest

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_June_2021#Testfest


   Sebastian: more web-page topics?

   Ege: see tweet proposal above

   Ege: send tweet with corrections from MMC

   Sebastian/McCool: Looks good

  Webpage / blog visitor traffic

   Sebastian: got response from Gerald Oskoboiny
   íK mentioned there is no such tool from W3C
   íK should use web-based analytics

   McCool: would be nice to have
   íK not critial

   Sebastian: I would like to have the number of visitors.. not
   more metadata

   Ege: JSON schema people tweet about there statistics

   McCool: information about how many sites server served site

   Ege: at TUM university we use an open source tool

   Ege: twitter has statistics .. e.g., 12.000 times the video
   tweet

   McCool: what about asking w3c "what" we should use to be
   compliant
   íK even if only w3c team has access to it
   íK we just need summary

   Sebastian: Okay, will ask Gerald
   íK i still think it is good to know these numbers
   íK to see a trend etc

   Ege: individual pages seems also important to me

   Kaz: One clarification question. do we want to publish the
   analysis results publicly on wiki, ML, GitHub, etc.? Or just
   privately or Member-only? Probably, the System Team would also
   ask about that.

   McCool: yeah, let's talk about that point as well with the
   System Team.

  IG Blog post merge with W3C main blog

   Sebastian: Not sure about the next steps
   íK Coralie will know more the next days...

   Philipp: redirects make sense also

   Sebastian: good point
   íK otherwise people will encounter broken links

   McCool: let's give Coralie some more days ...

  Conferences

    Smart City Workshop

   [15]Smart Cities Workshop page

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2021/06/smartcities-workshop/


   McCool: 3 presentations accepted
   íK presentations are very short, 3 minutes
   íK I cover basics
   íK others can elaborate on more details
   íK slide#2: overall purpose
   íK about specs and current work

   Sebastian: should we mention thing model?

   McCool: have backup slides with such content
   íK slide#3: descriptive metadata

   Ege: "id" field is wrong
   íK spec has correct id field

   McCool: talk about TD, affordances, semantic, ...
   íK slide#4: usage patterns
   íK cloud services, edge, thing-to-cloud, .. etc
   íK slide#5: smart city use cases

   Sebastian: "health" typical smart city use-case?

   McCool: Yes, like COVID

   Ege: I do have some self-drawn pictures .. if needed

   McCool: Need to check pictures and credentials to use them

   Cristiano: w.r.t. pictures, check unsplash ...

   <cris> [16]https://unsplash.com/license


     [16] https://unsplash.com/license


   McCool: will check that out
   íK Kaz, Thursday/Friday okay for recording?

   Kaz: Yes, please book slot (also if needed I can record the
   video during the weekend too.)

   Sebastian: Video by 11th of June?

   McCool: Correct, but next week is Testfest

   Sebastian: Today I will work on my slide-set..
   íK can share it next week

   Kaz: please use doodle poll for recording

   [17]https://doodle.com/poll/qgqn99e4gg97fb35#table


     [17] https://doodle.com/poll/qgqn99e4gg97fb35#table



    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    [18]scribe.perl version 136 (Thu May 27 13:50:24 2021 UTC).

     [18] https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html

Received on Monday, 27 September 2021 02:35:49 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 27 September 2021 02:35:51 UTC